It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people obsess about transfer fees.
In audio there is the law of diminishing returns. Beyond a certain point you have to spend 10x more to get a 2x improvement. A cable may cost similar to the amp or speakers but with a cheaper one the system doesn't fulfill its potential.
If Grealish is that missing link then price is not relevant.
The argument should therefore be about the skill set and match up. Not the price. He is either right for us (or could be)or not...
True I never get that. I always say "It's not my money so let them spend what they want".

Kane, Grealish and Sterling we’re in bromance threesome hug after the England/Germany game. Henderson was going to join them saw who it was and walked away. Probably nothing but maybe a sign of new camaraderie.
Reading that again it sounds like it could be taken from a cheap, alternative, gay erotic novel.
I wouldn’t be sure, but my guess is there’s a bit more than that going on in cheap, alternative, gay erotic novels.

Kane a world class No 10?, you lost me at that point.

Kane is a great goal scorer 100% but the last month has shown he is an ordinary footballer , which has surprised me, and to me the most important factor is physically he looks a lot older than his actual age, that seriously worries me.

He is a world class #10 and has proved it with the sheer amount of assists he's chalked up. Look at his assists for Son etc this season. His weight of pass and vision is brilliant.

He has a KDB esq range of passing.

Not sure why people obsess about transfer fees.
In audio there is the law of diminishing returns. Beyond a certain point you have to spend 10x more to get a 2x improvement. A cable may cost similar to the amp or speakers but with a cheaper one the system doesn't fulfill its potential.
If Grealish is that missing link then price is not relevant.
The argument should therefore be about the skill set and match up. Not the price. He is either right for us (or could be)or not...
As long as your very expensive cable makes the correct connections. if not, your system still doesn't work and you have to spend even more money on another equally expensive cable

Not sure anybody could convince me that a window where we lost Jesus, Bernardo and Laporte to be replaced by Grealish and Kane is a great one.
I really hope that it's just rumour that all three want out.
Putting myself in their shoes,all entering prime,i'd probably want out too.

The 3rd choice CB is probably gonna be our biggest issue of the 3.

amazing how people look back so fondly at some players and so badly at other players

not fussed about Laporte, not the same player than he was pre-injury and seems to lack bottle or fight when faced with a challenge

Losing Bernardo from a couple of seasons ago (pre Mendy incident) hurts as he was outstanding but he has simply not been the same player since, nowhere near as effective for whatever reason (maybe the Manchester weather has him so down as the rumours suggest)

Jesus is an enigma, sometimes he looks brilliant (Madrid in CL) and sometimes you didn't ever know he was on the pitch. Can't usually fault his effort level but just has no impact on some games, I don't think we use him to the best but he doesn't always show enough to be given more chances

To say that the window would be bad if these 3 leave and Kane and Grealish coming in is laughable, two top quality players who give us options - all those crosses when we are chasing games with our 5' 7" strikers in the box, if we get Kane we get an attacker who can actually head the ball

I've never been the biggest Grealish fan, think he falls over too much but he has some serious skills and would help unlock the packed 10 behind the ball we face so often

amazing how people look back so fondly at some players and so badly at other players

not fussed about Laporte, not the same player than he was pre-injury and seems to lack bottle or fight when faced with a challenge

Losing Bernardo from a couple of seasons ago (pre Mendy incident) hurts as he was outstanding but he has simply not been the same player since, nowhere near as effective for whatever reason (maybe the Manchester weather has him so down as the rumours suggest)

Jesus is an enigma, sometimes he looks brilliant (Madrid in CL) and sometimes you didn't ever know he was on the pitch. Can't usually fault his effort level but just has no impact on some games, I don't think we use him to the best but he doesn't always show enough to be given more chances

To say that the window would be bad if these 3 leave and Kane and Grealish coming in is laughable, two top quality players who give us options - all those crosses when we are chasing games with our 5' 7" strikers in the box, if we get Kane we get an attacker who can actually head the ball

I've never been the biggest Grealish fan, think he falls over too much but he has some serious skills and would help unlock the packed 10 behind the ball we face so often
Laughable to you mate, not me,. Also, if you read what I said I didn't mention it being a bad window, I said I wouldn't be convinced it was a great one.

What's playing the game got to do with anything?

You sound like a ex player TV pundit trying to justify there pressence.

I have watched football for 50 plus years, and have an opinion.

Grealish reminds me of another player back in the day who we payed a record fee for and at the time was the darling of football.

Remember Mick Channon? We payed a record fee, England International, and such an exciting signing, he was a nightmare, utter crap, and guess what like Grealish, spent half a game on his arse eating turf and moaning to the ref.
I should have expanded really but was on the way out, so apologies.

It was more about the “Great players don't spend half a game on their arses, the best players avoid challenges, through skill and agility.” comment that I don’t agree with, in fact I’d go as far as to say it’s complete bollocks. That was where my reference about having played the game came into play, as you would know it’s practically impossible to constantly ride challenges, Messi is without a doubt the best there is at it, but he’s not a great player, he’s the GOAT, and shouldn’t have comparisons drawn against him, he is though regularly clobbered too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.