It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the same will happen with Grealish, he has great ability, and is too good to be constantly going to ground, he is far less effective when he does.

He isnt far less effective,becuase that close control,ability to hold the ball up,and 'winning' those freekicks,would be priceless in our set up....a team that struggles to put the ball in the net despite having 80% possession,most of it around the opposition box.

When he goes to ground,99% of the time it is cheap but there is justification for the foul and that almost always ends up in an end product,as opposed to other players who simply fall over and lose possession.

His use of the ball is fantastic,few are better with it.

Anyway,i'll look forward to many of you being surprised when hopefully he arrives :-)

As said earlier if and when he joins us, his games will become under enormous scrutiny, he buys cheap free kicks, it will not be easy in our team, ref's will quickly latch on to him.

Look at the tactical foul campaign launched on Fern'.

I would also add that Mahrez was a similar player when he first joined us, looking for the foul, Pep changed him over time, last season he was outstanding because he used his ability far more directly and became a far better player.

Hopefully the same will happen with Grealish, he has great ability, and is too good to be constantly going to ground, he is far less effective when he does.
I'm sure if we get him Pep will coach that out of him and he''ll move the ball quicker.

I agree with the emotion and the general premise but the fact is that it doesn’t alway apply because sometimes, regardless of how prolific a scorer may have been, the goals dry up and never come back.
You don’t have to scrape around for names; Alexis Sanchez, Fernando Torres, Michael Owen and Andy Carroll are easy examples.
True but I don't think Kane is at that level as yet, but another season or two and he could well be another Torres or Owen.

Grealish I want but max 60m

Kane I don't want, not for any price really but the club seem to really want him so what I think is irrelevant.
Good job you don't make the decisions, you won't get top top ayers for less then 75-80m

Southampton will want best part of £45m for Ward Prowse, Tammy Abrahams againg £40-45m then UTD will want around £25-30m for Tuenzebe all out of the Grealish money imo
If we manage to get Jack Grealish for around £75m -80m then its money worth spending
If Sancho goes for £73m + 7m in bonuses then Grealish will be the same maybe £80m in a oner & Villa shake hands
£60m is what City would try & deal with but they also know they won't fuck about with other teams next year all at the table

For what it's worth I recon its done & dusted just waiting for England to finish in the Euros, so another 10 days hopefully things will start to move.
July 25th I recon in City shirt

I did say some days ago expect radio silence for two weeks at least. I think everything was done before the window opened bar a sneaky potential last minute deal.

Keep calm, enjoy the euros and then enjoy the transfer announcements in the last week of July, maybe even first week of August. Everything delayed this year.

Roller-coaster of gossip rubbish in the meantime though.
Any idea on why you think we will conduct our business like this?

Can't help feeling that we have both Grealish and Kane in the bag, can't see us doing much more than that and there is no way that anything would be announced while England are still in the Euro's.

Unsure how this leaves Bernardo and Laporte though given that Aguero and Garcia have already left.
Kane, Grealish and Sterling we’re in bromance threesome hug after the England/Germany game. Henderson was going to join them saw who it was and walked away. Probably nothing but maybe a sign of new camaraderie.
Reading that again it sounds like it could be taken from a cheap, alternative, gay erotic novel.

Not sure why people obsess about transfer fees.
In audio there is the law of diminishing returns. Beyond a certain point you have to spend 10x more to get a 2x improvement. A cable may cost similar to the amp or speakers but with a cheaper one the system doesn't fulfill its potential.
If Grealish is that missing link then price is not relevant.
The argument should therefore be about the skill set and match up. Not the price. He is either right for us (or could be)or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.