It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we suddenly that skint we need to balance the books and try and make a profit in a transfer window?
Bringing two, albeit very good players in and selling three very good players just doesn't seem like we are pushing on like we should, and have failed to do so in the past.
Also, bringing in a load of youngsters to fill spots doesn't sound like a great way to defend a title, it sounds like the wishes of supporters who want to see us lift the net spend trophy.

Kane for Jesus is very much an upgrade - as much as I like Jesus and what he brings to the team.

Grealish for Bernardo - debatable. It seems Bernardo wants out so who else out there do we get?

If Laporte goes then I'd like a replacement but then maybe the club feel Ake is good enough.

Kane for Jesus is very much an upgrade - as much as I like Jesus and what he brings to the team.

Grealish for Bernardo - debatable. It seems Bernardo wants out so who else out there do we get?

If Laporte goes then I'd like a replacement but then maybe the club feel Ake is good enough.
It's not Kane for Jesus though - It's Kane for Aguero

Are we suddenly that skint we need to balance the books and try and make a profit in a transfer window?
Bringing two, albeit very good players in and selling three very good players just doesn't seem like we are pushing on like we should, and have failed to do so in the past.
Also, bringing in a load of youngsters to fill spots doesn't sound like a great way to defend a title, it sounds like the wishes of supporters who want to see us lift the net spend trophy.
Perhaps it's possible to do both if the players brought in are the right ones and the young players are good enough? Besides, we're not immune to the Covid financial effects and bringing in 2 top players while showing a net zero spend wouldn't be a bad thing all around.

Perhaps it's possible to do both if the players brought in are the right ones and the young players are good enough? Besides, we're not immune to the Covid financial effects and bringing in 2 top players while showing a net zero spend wouldn't be a bad thing all around.
Maybe. Ifs and buts aside it's not the window I was expecting (if it pans out that way) and I would be a bit disappointed to lose any of the three who seem most likely to go.

Grealish 88
Kane 130

Out - Jesus 60
out - Laporte 55
Out - Bernardo 55
Out - Harrison 15
Out - nmeche 15

promote a load of kids

net spend 18 million and I think we improve.
Plus Sancho money 11 milion (Cheers centurions)

net spend 7 million
We can't lose Jesus AND Bernardo, were just weakening ourselves with the energy around the team

Palmer has a bit more in his locker,more speed and more directness for a start,he just obviously lacks the experience and consistency.

McAtee is incredibly gifted and very,very,silky.....he has wonderful vision and technique and he makes the game look easy.A player who would benefit from a higher and tougher standard next season.
Maybe not a bad hybrid comparison you have come up with,i'd throw a bit of David Silva in there too.
that is encouraging regarding Mcatee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.