It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane for Jesus is very much an upgrade - as much as I like Jesus and what he brings to the team.

Grealish for Bernardo - debatable. It seems Bernardo wants out so who else out there do we get?

If Laporte goes then I'd like a replacement but then maybe the club feel Ake is good enough.
Thats a tough one with Kane over Jesus - in goal scoring terms absolutely ...Ive been critical of Jesus in that respect so absolutely its an upgrade....but the effort, determination, link up play, pressing, adaptability to play across the front 3 and commitment he wins hands down over kane.

Bernardo - does he want out.....lots of people keep repeating that on here but all there is is complete rumour.....nothing more. I think Grealish is hyped up at present... a good player no doubt but not one that has ever stood out a great deal for me and not one that I think we either need...dribbles a lot, holds onto the ball well,,,,,equally falls over ots and gets fouled. Play Bernardo in his favoured position and I think Bernardo is the better player.

Laporte Ive always suspected he has a bit of the "smacked arse" about him....Ake is good but I dont think he is the same quality as Laporte on the ball or maybe defensively either but Ake is a steady replacement (but not an upgrade)

All in all id rather keep Laporte and Bernardo and go for a different striker (some else other than Kane - ---Haaland being the obvious choice)

Thats a tough one with Kane over Jesus - in goal scoring terms absolutely ...Ive been critical of Jesus in that respect so absolutely its an upgrade....but the effort, determination, link up play, pressing, adaptability to play across the front 3 and commitment he wins hands down over kane.

Bernardo - does he want out.....lots of people keep repeating that on here but all there is is complete rumour.....nothing more. I think Grealish is hyped up at present... a good player no doubt but not one that has ever stood out a great deal for me and not one that I think we either need...dribbles a lot, holds onto the ball well,,,,,equally falls over ots and gets fouled. Play Bernardo in his favoured position and I think Bernardo is the better player.

Laporte Ive always suspected he has a bit of the "smacked arse" about him....Ake is good but I dont think he is the same quality as Laporte on the ball or maybe defensively either but Ake is a steady replacement (but not an upgrade)

All in all id rather keep Laporte and Bernardo and go for a different striker (some else other than Kane - ---Haaland being the obvious choice)
I think your knowledge is stumped immediately in saying it would be a tough one with Kane or Jesus. The Kane haters all seem to love Jesus now strangely. There was many times Jesus was fit and Pep chose to not play with a striker. Think that tells you everything. Comparing him and Kane is embarrassing

I think your knowledge is stumped immediately in saying it would be a tough one with Kane or Jesus. The Kane haters all seem to love Jesus now strangely. There was many times Jesus was fit and Pep chose to not play with a striker. Think that tells you everything. Comparing him and Kane is embarrassing
I didnt compare either favourably or negatively...I actually said Kane is by far the better goal scorer and that that is why people are critical of Jesus.....bu Jesus has attributes that Kane doesnt (or at least better) -

Except the discussion was
Kane/Grealish In
Aguero/Jesus/Bernardo Out
That doesn't improve us in my opinion
I think on last season it does, as Aguero and for parts Jesus didn’t really contribute last season. So IMO it does leave us sronger than last season, especially if Torres kicks on and adding Kane brings the best out of Sterling.

Doubt we even get Kane or Grealish, can't really see any activity from us this window. Only see Bernardo leaving, maybe Laporte if Madrid come in after selling Varane (and getting a replacement in one of Koundé or Pau Torres).

I didnt compare either favourably or negatively...I actually said Kane is by far the better goal scorer and that that is why people are critical of Jesus.....bu Jesus has attributes that Kane doesnt (or at least better) -
Well Pep doesn’t think so otherwise he’d have played him before not playing with a striker. I want my striker to score a shit load of goals, get Dickov back if you want someone to run about

I think on last season it does, as Aguero and for parts Jesus didn’t really contribute last season. So IMO it does leave us sronger than last season, especially if Torres kicks on and adding Kane brings the best out of Sterling.
It's a reasonable argument but then you have to take into account that new signings rarely hit the ground running at City.
I think last season there were plenty of our players running on empty which makes our achievements even more impressive.
Jesus is nothing like Kane as a player so don't think there should be comparisons, I'd much prefer to keep him for the other positives he brings as well as sign a dedicated number 9.

So you think we let Aguero, Bernardo , Laporte go and do nothing, okay.
Bernardo yes, considering news past days about promoting and giving youth more minutes and him wanting out. Laporte replacement for sure, as I said, one of Jules Koundé or Pau Torres. Not like we were relying much on Aguero past season so him going won't really change much for our system in how we played.

Again, it's a very possible scenario, I'm sure Pep would really like a striker but the market is short on options and we can't just afford to risk big money on anyone if not Kane, Haaland or Mbappé (neither of who look attainable this summer).

Well Pep doesn’t think so otherwise he’d have played him before not playing with a striker. I want my striker to score a shit load of goals, get Dickov back if you want someone to run about
Again you are completrly not getting it...

I want a striker who scores goals.....that is NOT jesus....We need someone better...However we should not be looking to replace Jesus with Kane - they could play together for instance as Jesus is very adaptable and can play wide left of a 3 (or as a pari no doubt)....he could compliment Kane becuase of Jesus' attributes......

Peronally however, I dont want Kane at all.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.