It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression that’s tied to certain promises from sponsors, if we can I hope we do.
If I was a sponsor I would want Mbappe or Little Alf pushing my product, Messi is coming to the end of his time, he has peaked in terms of his media value, the young guns will be the big earners in future.

If I was a sponsor I would want Mbappe or Little Alf pushing my product, Messi is coming to the end of his time, he has peaked in terms of his media value, the young guns will be the big earners in future.
Good job you're not involved in making business decisions for sponsors.

Messi for 2 or 3 years will make far more money for a sponsor than Mbappe or Haaland will over 10 years.

Good job you're not involved in making business decisions for sponsors.

Messi for 2 or 3 years will make far more money for a sponsor than Mbappe or Haaland will over 10 years.
not any longer, MLS apart, he would and will be a gold mine there.

Agree with this, some flashes of real brilliance so far for us and for Spain.

He doesn’t get involved enough in the game though and that’s something he really needs to improve on, particularly if he has ambitions of being the next Aguero. Looking forward to seeing how he kicks on but we would be daft to rely on him alone next season. A striker is essential; Pep is bluffing.
Ferran Torres is 21 lads.
Believe it not the Fake Ronaldo didn't show too much when he started at the Swamp but improved.
Coaching will improve him, as well as bring settled in Manchester now.
Not saying we don't need a striker, but Torres is going to do well somewhere - I hope it's with God's own Club

Ferran Torres is 21 lads.
Believe it not the Fake Ronaldo didn't show too much when he started at the Swamp but improved.
Coaching will improve him, as well as bring settled in Manchester now.
Not saying we don't need a striker, but Torres is going to do well somewhere - I hope it's with God's own Club
LOL

I hate Fake Ronnie, but saying he did not show much early in his career is just wrong.

Not wishing to self-invite a pile on, but I'm genuinely baffled as to what everyone is seeing in Torres that makes them think he could be a future Balon D'Or winner. He's neither slow nor fast (as far as I can see), he doesn't strike me as being particularly robust, and in the 12 months I've seen him at City to date you could count the number of times he's beaten an opponent for either speed or skill on the fingers of one hand, plus he's drifted out of games on multiple occasions.
He's done reasonably well for a young lad away from home for the first time, he's shown himself to be a calm and tidy finisher, and there's clearly grounds for believing he can step it up another level next season, but future Balon D'Or winner? Based on what?

I agree, I haven’t seen anything of him to suggest he’ll even reach Sterling’s level. He isn’t quick enough, or a great dribbler or crosser. Maybe there’s potential, hopefully, but he just looks like an average young squad player to me. He’s not exciting like Mbappe, Sterling, Sancho, etc. Even that Chiesa lad for Italy looked better, and I wouldn’t want us to sign him either.

Not wishing to self-invite a pile on, but I'm genuinely baffled as to what everyone is seeing in Torres that makes them think he could be a future Balon D'Or winner. He's neither slow nor fast (as far as I can see), he doesn't strike me as being particularly robust, and in the 12 months I've seen him at City to date you could count the number of times he's beaten an opponent for either speed or skill on the fingers of one hand, plus he's drifted out of games on multiple occasions.
He's done reasonably well for a young lad away from home for the first time, he's shown himself to be a calm and tidy finisher, and there's clearly grounds for believing he can step it up another level next season, but future Balon D'Or winner? Based on what?
Lots and lots of wishful thinking.

Go and get Haaland, cost is whatever it is. Do it before our rivals do.
Chelsea especially could do a Haaland deal, and then selling him in 3 years after he scored 100 PL goals for same amount or with a profit.
They sold Hazard for big profit and the guy turned into a cheeseburger at Real.

if we spend huge I want someone like Mbappe or Haaland with 10 good years of potential and possible resale value if things go bad.

Cannot see Levy not making it very difficult and around 125m+ for Kane who will give us 3-3.5 good seasons imo at best and then injuries can make that less too...

City have clearly had a good look at Haarland and have been in contact with his representatives - it even looked like we were very interested at one point but, something has severely cooled our interest - personally I thought it was the Raiola / Alfie Haaland circus - hawking the client around Europe (making us feel we were being played and being dragged into an auction) on the eve of the Super League where no doubt a giddy Barca and Real - made some ridiculous outline proposals - that have now turned to dust. If that didn't cool our interest then the only other potential explanation is a very clear and unequivocal statement from Dortmund that the player is simply not for sale this summer - on the basis that Dortmund have sold Sancho and want to keep Haaland until next summer - prioritising CL qualification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.