It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane is one of the most boring players on the planet, and I have no doubt that contributes to people not wanting him.

He has zero personality, he looks like a 40 year old accountant, he drifts out of games for long periods. He's not a player who makes me excited at all when I watch him play. He's not going to do anything spectacular, he just puts away clear chances. He's effective, but he's not exciting.

His vacuous personality also makes it much harder to overlook things like his undercutting players who are jumping, his occasional horrendous leg breaker challenge and the constant, non stop going to ground to win cheap free kicks because there's no positive to outshine the negative - look at Grealish, who has done much more controversial or outright bad things but comes across as likeable because he puts himself out there, he's not had his image scrubbed clean to the point of being devoid of life.

I'm sure Kane is a nice enough bloke behind the scenes and I'm sure he'll score a lot of goals here because we have players who'll put chances on a plate for him 40 times a season, but no one is going to get out of their seat when he scores a slightly scruffy header from 6 yards out to win the golden boot again.

If they ever reshot this scene in the thick of it, Harry Kane would be substituted in.

I'm sure he'll be very successful here, he'll put up numbers, we'll continue to win things, he will be a perfectly good striker for this side, but it won't stop him being a boring fuck.

As I said the other day, Kane isn't winning any popularity contests. But he'll help us win plenty of trophies!

As I said earlier there's been a history of negative reactions to signings from inside the PL. Sterling and Walker for example, also massively split opinion. I guess it's a normal part of the tribalism that exists in football. Every footballer has limitations as no one player is perfect. But it's important IMO to try and look at both sides of the coin. Not everyone, but a few on here are so entrenched in "I want Haaland" that they're actively talking absolute tripe about Kane.
I was excited by both Walker and Sterling (esp)...I look purely from an on the pitch performance level. Id take a player from any team as long as i thought they were good enough.

My problem with Kane is based on him on the pitch....he lacks intensity, movement, pressing. he goes missing in big games. (check out his scoring record agasint the top 6 in the prem....Messi's is better and he plays in a different league and it pails in comparrison next to Kuns who scored more than double than Kane against the top 6).....besides Leicester and Arsenal, Kanes record against the top 6 is poor. .....My opinon on Kane has nothing to do with his performances for England..I accept that even very very good players can look poor/indifferent in internationals esp when managed by the likes of Southgate who had a very defensive approach. I accept his attributes as well...great link up play and a very very good finisher...but or me as I have said previously against the best or in the big big matches he goes missing time after time as his record shows. I actually think he will slow us down in attack

You fear one of the greatest managers of all time has been sucked in by the "Grealish hype"....really?

Just what is this hype also, because all I have seen is teenage girls falling over themselves with how good looking he is. You simply cannot argue his stats, its impossible. They are closer to KDB than anyone in the country, how is that not going to be beneficial to the team.

Bernardo and Jesus have been going backwards. Grealish has been going forwards and Kane has been just banging them in consistently for years.

Some serious blue tinted glasses on in here.
Not only teenage girls either, there was a 'classy' 30/40 year old woman at the England game with a "Mrs Grealish" England shirt with the number 69 on it. Can you imagine being her kids and going back to school :(

Do you ever think for one moment that the scouting team and Pep would be interested in a player who in your words looks physically very old and incredibly slow?
Like the scouting team that bought Rodwell , RSC and let's not forget Mendy.

Kane is not slow?

If Arry signs, next season we could play 50 plus games, does he look a player that could handle that? I am not convinced he could.

I have said many times , whoever this club signs I will back fully and I am sure we all would, but he has not yet signed and this is a debate on his capabilities.

It's not the Harry and Jack fan boy site.

I was excited by both Walker and Sterling (esp)...I look purely from an on the pitch performance level. Id take a player from any team as long as i thought they were good enough.

My problem with Kane is based on him on the pitch....he lacks intensity, movement, pressing. he goes missing in big games. (check out his scoring record agasint the top 6 in the prem....Messi's is better and he plays in a different league and it pails in comparrison next to Kuns who scored more than double than Kane against the top 6).....besides Leicester and Arsenal, Kanes record against the top 6 is poor. .....My opinon on Kane has nothing to do with his performances for England..I accept that even very very good players can look poor/indifferent in internationals esp when managed by the likes of Southgate who had a very defensive approach. I accept his attributes as well...great link up play and a very very good finisher...but or me as I have said previously against the best or in the big big matches he goes missing time after time as his record shows. I actually think he will slow us down in attack

I respectfully completely disagree with your assessment of Kane, and it would seem so do the club as they're balls deep for him. Now they could be wrong, I could be wrong, and you could be bang on. But only time will tell that.

As I said earlier there's been a history of negative reactions to signings from inside the PL. Sterling and Walker for example, also massively split opinion. I guess it's a normal part of the tribalism that exists in football. Every footballer has limitations as no one player is perfect. But it's important IMO to try and look at both sides of the coin. Not everyone, but a few on here are so entrenched in "I want Haaland" that they're actively talking absolute tripe about Kane.

I did say a couple months ago when the Kane links appeared. Any striker who would come in instead of Haaland there would be Anarchy , complaints “he’s not good enough etc on here. Because he’s not Haaland. Any striker linked would’ve had the same criticisms because they are not Haaland

Not only teenage girls either, there was a 'classy' 30/40 year old woman at the England game with a "Mrs Grealish" England shirt with the number 69 on it. Can you imagine being her kids and going back to school :(

That was a Manchester United shirt, not an England one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.