It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO nearly all of negative stuff is being conditioned by the existence of Haaland. The desperation for that kid seems to be clouding a lot of judgements.

If it wasn't Haaland, it would be someone else.

The issue with people not being excited by Kane at his age for over 120m, is Kane, not Haaland.

Disagree with it all you like, the blanket disecting though, pointless. That woumd be like sayong people only want Kane because they think Haaland is unavailable.

Motivation of what?

There are two teams that I would say pose a serious threat to us, Liverpool and Chelsea, if the rags got a top manager they could become a threat, but they have little Ole, so all is good.

We are entitled to win nothing, you earn that right, last season we basically had no strikers available (Jesus is not a natural striker for me), Kane would improve that, but long term Haaland to me is a far better option.

Mancini's last season with us, he wanted to sign vanPersie, the club refused, because of age/costs etc, the trafford red socks got him, guess what, for one season he was class, brilliant and they won the title, then what? RVP was ***ed and it cost them dear long term.

Kane is a couple of years younger than RVP but already is looking fatigued and what ever anyone says has a history of ankle issue that will only get worse. I fear Kane could be a short term signing.
Motivation of individuals. The league is a 38 game slog interdispersed with Cup and international games makes it very demanding for individuals both physically and mentally.

Expecting players to maintain hunger and motivation season after season is imo unrealistic, so bringing in fresh, hungry players is good for the club to keep advancing.

On a selfish level I hope thats true mate as I have a £100 bet from two seasons ago with a Blue Mooner, when I stated that Jesus would not last into the season 21/22. Seriously.
That wasn't me was it? Sounds like something I might bet...

Of course, they sold Aguero shirts with No.16 on the back and then offered exchanges two weeks later when he took No.10.

Villa fans also getting giddy Grealish is sporting the new Kappa shirt on the website and quoting how much he is a Villa fan.

The shoot was done three months ago and it's a soundbite
Of course, they sold Aguero shirts with No.16 on the back and then offered exchanges two weeks later when he took No.10.

Villa fans also getting giddy Grealish is sporting the new Kappa shirt on the website and quoting how much he is a Villa fan.

The shoot was done three months ago and it's a soundbite blurb, nothing more.
I have an Aguero signed boot with SA16 embroidered into it.
Might be worth a few quid eh.

Was on the OS yesterday ordering next seasons kit for my grandson.
I noticed they were selling shirts with Bernardo on the back.
Would they still flog them if he was off?
Genuine question.

Shirts have been sold with players who were sold shortly after for as long as shirt printing has existed.

I certainly think there was an element of truth, wishful thinking on the part of Mendes, to try and broker a straight Saul/Bernardo swap.

Felix could well be a plan C somewhere, but until people start moving out, there's just no wiggle room to be that left-of-field on someone like Felix, unless the Grealish deal tanks.

Sounding more likely Jesus could be out the door before Bernie.

I would be pretty disappointed if we sold Jesus. I thought he was one of the few players that showed up in the champions league final. I think long term he could play well with Ferran as Jesus drifts right and Ferran takes up great positions centrally.

Still if he wants out, ther isn’t much point keeping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.