It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in January last year that we should go out of our way to get Kane and I still think he is the best option.
Signing Haaland would be amazing, but it won't happen because of his wages. He reportedly wants 500k a week and someone will pay him silly wages to get him. The issue with that is there is no movement for future negotiations. If he is a success at his new club he would want higher wages to stay and the numbers would be crazy. He is only 20 (21 next week) so how much will he want when he is 28 and in his prime? Also the knock on effect with the wages at the club with other players would get out of hand.

So you'd prefer we signed van Persie than Aguero in 2011.

1 was a from a foreign league, the other was successfully scoring in the PL.

I don't have a problem with people preferring Kane, there's definitely reasons to have that opinoin.

What I can't stand is how people just starting inventing bullshit they've never cared about before like signing players from abroad is just too risky, and act like every post takeover legend this club has wasn't bought from overseas.

Where were you in the Dias thread saying foreign players were too risky? Where were you in the KDB thread? Why has this become an issue only in 2021?
Probably because the people saying it are not City fans or are desperate for Harry Kane

The trash he's scored against? See the problem now is you're just making shit up.

Links to the opposition they scored against

Kane

Haaland

Haaland's also managed 6 in the KO stages against serious opposition compared to Kane's 2.

The only thing I needed to see was how terrifying he was when City played him. We're currently one of the top 2 or 3 teams and the whole defensive plan centred on smothering him. He still got two assists.

City very dismissive of the Lewandowski stuff and they think someone is just playing games.

Been same with Greizmann.

But not Felix?

I don't see where he fits in unless Jesus goes, but with Mendes being involved with Bernardo and Felix and holding so much sway at Atletico and our previous interest it's the one rumour that seems like it's not entirely made up.

But not Felix?

I don't see where he fits in unless Jesus goes, but with Mendes being involved with Bernardo and Felix and holding so much sway at Atletico and our previous interest it's the one rumour that seems like it's not entirely made up.

I certainly think there was an element of truth, wishful thinking on the part of Mendes, to try and broker a straight Saul/Bernardo swap.

Felix could well be a plan C somewhere, but until people start moving out, there's just no wiggle room to be that left-of-field on someone like Felix, unless the Grealish deal tanks.

Sounding more likely Jesus could be out the door before Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.