It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland isnt a no go.....give them the money they want (or close to it) they will snap our hands off...they aint losing out on 100m+ no way.
Id actually rather go with what we have than sign Kane...it keeps us more fluid. We also have torres that it wouldnt be unreasonaable to suggest could play a bigger role...same with Foden this season. the long term potential negatives of HK are a concern.......and not just his fitness which will continue to deteriorate (and if his work rate and movement during the Euros are anything to go by he is nowhere near fit.
'Arry is Lee Bradbury, with a couple of coats of Levy industrial-strength polyurethane varnish - matt finish.

Haaland isnt a no go.....give them the money they want (or close to it) they will snap our hands off...they aint losing out on 100m+ no way.
Id actually rather go with what we have than sign Kane...it keeps us more fluid. We also have torres that it wouldnt be unreasonaable to suggest could play a bigger role...same with Foden this season. the long term potential negatives of HK are a concern.......and not just his fitness which will continue to deteriorate (and if his work rate and movement during the Euros are anything to go by he is nowhere near fit.
Thats a total guess, we have no idea, what we can afford, what Dortmund will take, what the agent add ons/ conditions are, what his wage demands are. Yet you are saying Haaland or do nothing at all then moaning Kane doesn't improve us, more than doing nothing does. Makes no sense at all.

Do you accept that last year was a bit of an aberation with covid, finances and no supporters for a starters......?
DO you accept that Chelsea played us off the park at least twice over the last few months...utd beat us twice(I think)

Other teams will improve and I believe the signings of Grealish and Kane dont vastly improve us where it matters (in the key moments and big games)

I actually think of all our title wins under Pep, last seasons performances (as good as they were) were the worst they have been out of the seasons where we have won the title

the first title win and the centurions season, the football was a better. Go back and watch the likes of Sane, Sterling bernardo, Kun KDB and esp David Silva absolutely destroy teams with the best football the prem has ever seen
Seriously, mate? You can't see how Kane and Grealish would improve us? Deary me.

And no, Chelsea didn't 'play us off the park at least twice in the last few months'. They were the better side in the Champions League final, but rode their luck in the cup semi and the Premier league game at the Ethiad.

Fair enough. Time will tell I suppose. I rate Haaland, but I'd be wary of using German football as any kind of barometer. Bayern aside (and 18 months of Klopp's Bayern) , it's bang average, despite the hipster propaganda.

People aren't using German football as a barometer. Champions League: 20 goals in 16 appearance. He's 20.

Put it this way, if United were also signing Grealish and Kane this summer, I would make them title favourites.

I fail to see how City buying the pair, being Champs already, doesnt justify a serious upgrade to an already outstanding squad, where the margins for improvement are so slender?
Some people are never happy.

Kane & Grealish makes us easy favourites for the title next season.

Reading through the posts has there been a development with Kane and Grealish ?
sounds like they’ve signed

Sterling as only crap by his own very high standards which he has set previously for us....and he never goes missing even in crap performances - he still constantly shows for the ball no matter how many times he fails in a game (whether for England or us)....shows character.

Kanes record against the big 6 is poor by comparrison against the likes of Aguero over a long period of time in the prem league...Messi has scored more and he is in a different league altogether

For info:

Best ratio of goals per PL appearance against:

Arsenal – Kane
Chelsea – Aguero
Liverpool – Kane
United – Aguero

Everton – Kane
Leicester – Kane
Southampton – Kane
West Ham – Kane

But Aguero far better ratio against Spurs than Kane v City.

Used Everton, Leicester, Southampton West Ham as better PL examples after Big 6

Hardly a generational talent, Mbappe was on the scene three seasons ago and nobody was talking about Haaland then.

Always a new gunslinger in town.
Yeah, disagree on that one mate. We see a lot of flavors of the month but not guys like these two. Both are producing over a goal a game in their domestic leagues from age 19 and Haaland is doing it in the Champion's League as well. Assuming they keep their heads on straight and manage their careers properly there's no reason to think they won't be competing for Ballon D'ors for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.