It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single year, we get these kinds of posts. 'Waaaaaa! We're going to get surpassed, everyone's getting stronger while we're standing still!!!'

And yet, we're easily the most successful club domestically over the last 10 years. Not bad considering our chronic inertia.
People get themselves hung up on individuals, forgetting it's a team/ squad game and over the last years we've had the best team, squad and manager.Players come and go as flavour of the month players that look great in one team, not so great in another and vice versa. Teams evryone thought had the best transfer window sometimes don't improve. Bad transfers suddenly become bargains, big transfers flops. Teams that buy players that fit the team or squad not just the best individuals.are the ones that succeed
Every year it's the same, every year people, usually the same ones fall into the same trap.

Anyone starting to get concerned at the lack of transfer action happening? - I thought things might start after the Euros but not much happening yet and not just at City.

I get that the players we have targeted are not easy to secure and have been away playing international football but I am hoping that, if we miss out on them, the club has a Ruben-like Plan C to bring in a new forward as I do not think that we can realistically rely on using similar attacking strategies to the season just gone.

I wonder if the club have set a date by which if we have not signed our primary targets we will move onto the third/fourth choice options.

No we always do business like this

Football fandom is weird nowadays. There seems to be a huge percentage of 'fans' who support a player as opposed to a club. It's totally skewed any perception of value or ability.

Bang on. Personality driven by a social media cancer.

We do what is best for our team, not how many fucking likes a player has on InstaTwat.

Every single year, we get these kinds of posts. 'Waaaaaa! We're going to get surpassed, everyone's getting stronger while we're standing still!!!'

And yet, we're easily the most successful club domestically over the last 10 years. Not bad considering our chronic inertia.
Do you accept that last year was a bit of an aberation with covid, finances and no supporters for a starters......?
DO you accept that Chelsea played us off the park at least twice over the last few months...utd beat us twice(I think)

Other teams will improve and I believe the signings of Grealish and Kane dont vastly improve us where it matters (in the key moments and big games)

I actually think of all our title wins under Pep, last seasons performances (as good as they were) were the worst they have been out of the seasons where we have won the title

the first title win and the centurions season, the football was a better. Go back and watch the likes of Sane, Sterling bernardo, Kun KDB and esp David Silva absolutely destroy teams with the best football the prem has ever seen

Do you accept that last year was a bit of an aberation with covid, finances and no supporters for a starters......?
DO you accept that Chelsea played us off the park at least twice over the last few months...utd beat us twice(I think)

Other teams will improve and I believe the signings of Grealish and Kane dont vastly improve us where it matters (in the key moments and big games)

I actually think of all our title wins under Pep, last seasons performances (as good as they were) were the worst they have been out of the seasons where we have won the title

the first title win and the centurions season, the football was a better. Go back and watch the likes of Sane, Sterling bernardo, Kun KDB and esp David Silva absolutely destroy teams with the best football the prem has ever seen
Thing is you have made your mind up already that Kane and Grealish don't improve us.

Do you accept that there are many on here who don't support your belief?

Do you also accept that the club might know a little more than fans in general?

From a goal scoring perspective, no there won't be another player as good as him along for another 15-20 years,maybe even longer

Yes I really do think he'll be that special
Fair enough. Time will tell I suppose. I rate Haaland, but I'd be wary of using German football as any kind of barometer. Bayern aside (and 18 months of Klopp's Bayern) , it's bang average, despite the hipster propaganda.

Football fandom is weird nowadays. There seems to be a huge percentage of 'fans' who support a player as opposed to a club. It's totally skewed any perception of value or ability.
If your talking about me your wrong, I'm City daft but would hate us to miss out on Haaland. I really do believe he's going to be on another level special, the sort of player who gets you to abd wins you champions league finals season after season. The type of player who beats all the current records and we'll look back on his career and call him the GOAT

Thought I'd highlight it to save you the bother ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.