It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to have deviated a bit from someone earlier saying Kane and Grealish instead of Jesus and Bernardo wouldn't be an improvement (and a few agreeign) to prople arguing why Kane and Grealish on their own are/ are not an improvement.

People aren't using German football as a barometer. Champions League: 20 goals in 16 appearance. He's 20.
in fairness, 8 of those goals came against Brugge and Genk, a comparable standard to a midtable Championship side.

Do you accept that last year was a bit of an aberation with covid, finances and no supporters for a starters......?
DO you accept that Chelsea played us off the park at least twice over the last few months...utd beat us twice(I think)

Other teams will improve and I believe the signings of Grealish and Kane dont vastly improve us where it matters (in the key moments and big games)

I actually think of all our title wins under Pep, last seasons performances (as good as they were) were the worst they have been out of the seasons where we have won the title

the first title win and the centurions season, the football was a better. Go back and watch the likes of Sane, Sterling bernardo, Kun KDB and esp David Silva absolutely destroy teams with the best football the prem has ever seen

We were a better complete and balanced team IMO in the 2nd half of 18/19 to win the league and also during the long winning run last season + the CL run.

17/18 was the sexiest

Put it this way, if United were also signing Grealish and Kane this summer, I would make them title favourites.

I fail to see how City buying the pair, being Champs already, doesnt justify a serious upgrade to an already outstanding squad, where the margins for improvement are so slender?

every top manager wants goals and more goals.
if there was one thing from last season is the goals per game was lower than the other 2 or 3 seasons.
we found it hard to kill games off and score 3 or 4 like of old

pep's attacking football needs goals because we leave open the door for a counter attack. we seen many times all it takes is one counter attack and they score from it ? yes city defence was better last season but we still got hit on the break.

but lets forget last season ? every new season is a different and we need something new to bring to the table now aguero gone. if you ask many on here we was always short of strikers even with aguero we never had another striker to come in and do his stuff.

i would like 2 world class strikers and delap as back up. only thing is pep would not play both up front and asking haaland or kane to play from the bench would not work. maybe one of haaland or kane and then a danny inngs type striker

but its now time to sort it out and get the best striker money can buy. if it means paying over £100million then its got to be done. because the final piece of the jigsaw was lost last season

Seriously, mate? You can't see how Kane and Grealish would improve us? Deary me.

And no, Chelsea didn't 'play us off the park at least twice in the last few months'. They were the better side in the Champions League final, but rode their luck in the cup semi and the Premier league game at the Ethiad.

And United beat us once!

Even Tuchel admitted there was no way back for his team if Aguero had scored his penalty, never mind being robbed of one at the end when Sterling was brought down.

City exhibited a level of control in last season's title win which put Pep's other two in the shade, purely from a tactical point of view.

And United beat us once!

Even Tuchel admitted there was no way back for his team if Aguero had scored his penalty, never mind being robbed of one at the end when Sterling was brought down.

City exhibited a level of control in last season's title win which put Pep's other two in the shade, purely from a tactical point of view.

In your opinion what do you think the harder deal to get done, is between Grealish and Kane?

If your talking about me your wrong, I'm City daft but would hate us to miss out on Haaland. I really do believe he's going to be on another level special, the sort of player who gets you to abd wins you champions league finals season after season. The type of player who beats all the current records and we'll look back on his career and call him the GOAT

Thought I'd highlight it to save you the bother ;)

Far better than Messi then? (Who depsite being the GOAT has only won 1 CL in the last 10 seasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.