It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get all this talk of if we leave it another season to sign Kane his price will come down. Maybe to some clubs, but Levy won't drop his asking price for us, would still be 100m plus with a season left on his contract

why do we have to have a proven PL striker? But if you want a list Id have Salah, Vardy and Mane over Kane for starters....Haaland, Dybala, Lewandowski at least from outside the prem areothers that id have over him....Kane is not the be all and end all and neither is the prem league.

The comparrison between Sergio and Kane is very relevant as its Sergio we are trying to replace....so it cant be more relevant.

However Id take a fit and firing Aguero even at his age over Kane (problem being his fitness - Agueros that is - though there seems to be some suggestion in some places that Agueros lack of appearnaces last season wasnt just down to a lack of fitness or at least that he may have been available more than suggested (though that could be bullshit of course)
And Im not sure why you are saying that they are two different type of players...every player is different but in terms of role in the team (striker) they are the same
I like how you come up with names that are all unobtainable for various reasons or in Vardy's case 34 years old. Salah & Mane are both 29 as well (and not even strikers) so if Kane's age at 27 presently is an issue why do they get a pass exactly?

why do we have to have a proven PL striker? But if you want a list Id have Salah, Vardy and Mane over Kane for starters....Haaland, Dybala, Lewandowski at least from outside the prem areothers that id have over him....Kane is not the be all and end all and neither is the prem league.

The comparrison between Sergio and Kane is very relevant as its Sergio we are trying to replace....so it cant be more relevant.

However Id take a fit and firing Aguero even at his age over Kane (problem being his fitness - Agueros that is - though there seems to be some suggestion in some places that Agueros lack of appearnaces last season wasnt just down to a lack of fitness or at least that he may have been available more than suggested (though that could be bullshit of course)
And Im not sure why you are saying that they are two different type of players...every player is different but in terms of role in the team (striker) they are the same
You`re the one who keeps making comparisons not me.

it may have affected others more...who knows....we certainly seem to hit our stride when the prem league reopened initially a lot quicker than others (the previous season).

Tell me..will we go to anfield this season full of supporters and rout them as we did when it was empty?
Who knows? You apparently.

As for Anfield, I'll only answer if you tell me the winning lottery numbers for this Saturday.

Thats the problem with too many Blue Mooners.Every time we need a certain type of player WEW HAVE TO SIGN A WORLD CLASS PLAYER !!
Well guess what, there aint too many of those knocking about at an affordable level nowadays and Chairmen are very reluctant to let them go and maybe, lust maybe, we should start to look at lesser known players as you point out.

kane and haaland would improve our squad but at a cost and with no guarantees of success
city have a great squad and can play a false 9 or rotate the front 3. but jesus and sterling miss so many sitters that we cry out ? what would a kane or haaland do in this team

for me its simple will we value a £100million pound player if he misses a sitter in a big game
or would we be all over him and moaning we should have got the other option

like you said matey a good tune can be played on a old fiddle ? so maybe there is options that don't cost the earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.