It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they work at City and would probably be in trouble if they said what it was, but I’d have to tell someone!

I don’t think many know, and as stated before quite a few are no football people (so not as excitable as city fans about a signing) - just top class in their profession. A lot of non football people have been brought in at CFG based on just wanting the best person for the job on the non football side - makes sense to me.

Cough ESL cough ;-]

Nothing misleading there, just pressured into a decision that couldn’t have gone either way and surprisingly for me FOMO more than anything. They didn’t expect the backlash, and when the full truth comes out I suspect we never fully committed and were def not a main player pushing that through.

From a. Business perspective it made sense, BUT it forgot the tribal nature of the business and the power of supporters voices - it was back tracked on very quickly and I’ll tell you now, that mistake will have hurt Khaldoon deeply - he will make amends

Personally I think it's Harold that has got them all excited. I suspect that they all know that there's a price, and that they are prepared to get to it. I can't overstate enough just how much of a game changer Kane will be for this squad.

Was watching 2016/17 Harry Kane goals didn’t realise how good of an understanding him and Walker had at Tottenham. Walker knew every time where Harry would be and it resulted in goals. Hope they can have that understanding with each other here at City

i think its going to be a mad week ahead and i do feel city will sign somebody or a couple on the same day
we need to sort out the squad and get players in and out and get the new lads bonding in training

They are still all giddy!! I don't think it is down to getting the £650m loan, either!

It was described as our business already being done, which makes me wonder what/who we are still waiting on?

Tolm, it's $650m not £650m.

Having just listened to @projectriver (stefan) on an excellent 93.20 pod with @BillyShears (Ahsan) it seems CFG have burnt cash in big numbers due big operational expenses and the impact of Covid on the group.

The Delta variant and the huge growth in number and the potential knock-on impact on 21/22 revenue is a far bigger consideration that it was, say, 1 month ago and that maybe has an impact on our plans.

FWIW he thinks the Grealish transfer is madness and that is more to do with the general state of play re £££ than a comment about his potential playing ability.

Just saying :) Time will tell...

The difference between city and Chelsea is that we don’t treat players as meat, pushed through a machine to make money - city are looking for the gems and those that are not we want to make a little bit of money but also to make sure their career and future is looked after.
To be fair, I've never heard anything about any young Chelsea players being treated badly. The Chelsea academy is no doubt under as much scrutiny as ours, and I suspect is run along the same lines.
We're just not very good at assessing the value of players we don't want anymore - That's about all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.