It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree about last season, unfortunately I don't think he likes this role and therefore wants to go, and seeing him playing with the EDS last night was a sorry sight.

Pretty much my take on it, will be a big miss but he wants to do the flashier stuff I guess. Last season must have shagged him.

Totally agree about last season, unfortunately I don't think he likes this role and therefore wants to go, and seeing him playing with the EDS last night was a sorry sight.
No idea whether he enjoys it or not but I do think him being shifted into different roles not just on a game by game basis but often multiple times a game isn't something he's going to especially enjoy. It disrupts rhythm and makes it hard to build form and take your game on to the next level.

I wouldn't take anything from who he was playing with though, gundogan had the same kind of second half against Barnsley, just a way of easing in the late returners. If we had another friendly this weekend instead of the shield you'd see the likes of Rodri and torres in with the kids second half too.

So we said oi Bernardo you just keep the ball and close down please lad, fuck scoring or assisting or contributing in that way, you just keep it simple. Bollocks, what’s the excuse for the year before then? The one where Pep dropped him quite often as his form really struggled since the Mendy incident? Got any snippets of wisdoms for us mere peasants who clearly don’t see what you do through your gifted eyes? Blind loyalty is scary. I’ll say it again, love the guy but many on here will be eating their words once Grealish is in, be sure to stick about for it.

As I’m bored of having the same conversations with the equivalents of Stevie Wonder judging an art contest here is the answer to the highlighted bit above. Not from me but here is some snippets and info from Pep himself I have just found and some stats to boot. I have bookmarked it so I can just paste for the numpties in future.

That thump you hear by the way is the sound of you dying on your arse. Unless you think Pep is stupid and a liar.

Ouch haha

Bernardo is a consistent top 3 in the league amongst midfielders/attacking midfielders for progressive carries. Which is an extremely useful ability. In fact only Grealish is better statistically on that front.

Bernardo is also one of the smartest safe passers of all attackers in the league.

To act like all he does is run is a shame.
No coincidence Mahrez form took a huge upturn when Bernardo was getting a regular run

No coincidence Mahrez form took a huge upturn when Bernardo was getting a regular run
Bernardo is part of that group of City players who have selflessly put the team first. Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan (the non-scoring version), Jesus, Walker, Bernardo, Mahrez at times, Foden, Aguero at times, Zinchenko (and probably others) are all players who could be a lot better on the eye but they help others out.

Funnily enough, ALL those players are statistical leaders (or very near the top) in multiple things, if you care to look at the underlying stats.

Rodri, Jesus, and Bernardo being the starkest examples. Coincidentally the most underrated.

Bernardo is part of that group of City players who have selflessly put the team first. Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan (the non-scoring version), Jesus, Walker, Bernardo, Mahrez at times, Foden, Aguero at times, Zinchenko (and probably others) are all players who could be a lot better on the eye but they help others out.

Funnily enough, ALL those players are statistical leaders (or very near the top) in multiple things, if you care to look at the underlying stats.

Rodri, Jesus, and Bernardo being the starkest examples. Coincidentally the most underrated.

Amen brother

Fabrizio Knobhead says Bernardo Silva exit from City will be announced in the next few days or something along those lines.
Unfortunately Bernardo leaving was always on the cards that Jack Grealish was coming in.

I love Bernardo, Wish him nothing but the best in his career if he does indeed move on, Fabulous player for us.
Where'd you see that mate? Not able to find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.