It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo is a great player. The argument/debate above doesn't seem to disagree with that either. Unfortunately though, out of all of our midfielders the first name on most peoples lips regarding potential exits is his. That isn't coincidence. Reportedly he isn't happy. And like it or lump it, the cold hard truth for me is this.

If we are in the Champions League final next season and god forbid, getting beat again, would you be filled with confidence if we brought Bernardo on to win us the game? I know I wouldn't. And as much as I love him, as an attacking midfielder that we signed for a large fee, he simply hasn't cracked on since his first season. Not to say that I won't be gutted to see him go as he's been a genuine team player and key part of this fantastic Pep side for the last 3 years. But there's no room for sentimentality in football and if one has to go, I would have to say its him right now.

Bernardo is a great player. The argument/debate above doesn't seem to disagree with that either. Unfortunately though, out of all of our midfielders the first name on most peoples lips regarding potential exits is his. That isn't coincidence. Reportedly he isn't happy. And like it or lump it, the cold hard truth for me is this.

If we are in the Champions League final next season and god forbid, getting beat again, would you be filled with confidence if we brought Bernardo on to win us the game? I know I wouldn't. And as much as I love him, as an attacking midfielder that we signed for a large fee, he simply hasn't cracked on since his first season. Not to say that I won't be gutted to see him go as he's been a genuine team player and key part of this fantastic Pep side for the last 3 years. But there's no room for sentimentality in football and if one has to go, I would have to say its him right now.

I would be filled with more confidence if he started the champions league final say with gundog and Dinho/Rodri:-)

How much are we paying for alice ? Is it 100m ?

I would wait and see, not falling for this 100 million sorry, more like 75-80 with add ons that would potentially take it to 100 million but at that stage none of us will give a shit because of what we have won.

I said the same the last day he should go nowhere unless its £70m-£80m he is well worth that value. Doesn't give any information, The only real name mentioned throughout all this is Atletico Madrid and quotes of £60m floating about. Maybe we will know more when Grealish is confirmed.

the price should £70/£80million or we take trippier and £50million

The one thing about the grealish signing thats a real issue for me is if we do get rid of Bernardo.

IF bernardo wants to leave then there is little we can do BUT there has never ever been anything other than rumour about that.

For me Bernardo is the better player.....

If we keep Grealish and Bernardo then fair enough
Whats a realy bad day for you my mate???

Fucking smile & enjoy it 2 of the best talents are about to sign for Man City be fucking happy

could Bernardo be a player spurs may want or like with the manager being Portuguese
could be key in getting the kane deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.