It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we already have better than Grealish at the club...Bernardo being one of them, foden being another, Kdb certainly is and you can add sterling to that as well (considering he plays from the left last season)

Kane will do well....I have no doubt but he wouldnt be my choice
Not sure I agree with this to be honest. Grealish has been the stand-out non-City player in the PL last season. His stats back that up and he was playing in a very average team. I honestly think hr is an intelligent player, great control and vision and once he starts swapping passes with KdB, Foden and Gundogan instead of Anwar el-Ghazi, Douglas Luiz and Traore you'll see his quality.

Bernardo hasn't had anything like the season Grealish has had. In truth, he's not been on form for a while and I suspect he just doesn't like it in England. He's been great but we need to shake his hand and let him go back to a warmer climate now. Whilst Foden is a great player, Grealish has carried Villa this season. Foden would not have carried Villa like Grealish did. He's been the one to give them a half-chance of a European place. I like Sterling but wow, he can be world class and dreadful within minutes.

As for Kane, he is the best available. We might want Haaland, but if Dortmund have sold Sancho they won't need the money. And he might not want to come to England. Simply put, Kane is the best PL striker and is easily in the Aguero-level of strikers. If Kane comes and stays fit, he will break records this season easily. I'd put money on him getting 45 goals this year - seriously.

It's all opinions though mate, it would be boring if we all agreed with each other! :)

why on earth would Bernado want to go to Spurs?
he's much, much better than that

Right getting bored of this now (nothing personal CB) but the only way Bernardo is going to Spurs or Arsenal is if they suddenly up sticks and relocate to the Iberian peninsula FFS. It’s not city he wants to leave, he loves the club. It’s this country, be it the weather, the press, the culture whatever he wants either Spain, Portugal or at a stretch Italy (which yes I’m aware isn’t in Iberia ).

So let’s cut out the nonsense of him going to another English club please.

For me I think his tan has faded too much and he hates being pale.

Oh and for the record - I bloody love the player, vastly under rated and one of the best I’ve seen play for our club, such a shame if he needs to leave for whatever reason.

Agree witht he first part......there are no guarantees in football...even if we signed Messi, Haaland there would be no guarantee

Agree....we certainly need a centre forward

I agree with you completely. Others seem to think these 2 are the second coming!

football can bite you on the bum if your counting your chickens from the egg basket

Ha ha missing out cancelo there fella. He was our main creator for 2 months whilst Bernie done the donkey work
Not exactly donkey work but i agree Cancelo was excellent during this period. It’s a fine example of how a team can look very efficient without 2 great players in the team. But as we can see from this thread some fans answer to everything is another attacking player.

Even Pep fell for that one.

Only if bernardo leaves will we be able to speak honestly about his performances for the last 2 seasons which have been subpar.. But people can't let that 3-2 game vs liverpool in 2019 go

and with all due respect to sterling's sublime tournament he needs to prove once more he can put the last season behind him and preform to the level he's clearly capable of. i believe in him but he has to recognize how much of a liability he was on the pitch whenever he played for basically most of the season!

I believe we already have better than Grealish at the club...Bernardo being one of them, foden being another, Kdb certainly is and you can add sterling to that as well (considering he plays from the left last season)

Kane will do well....I have no doubt but he wouldnt be my choice

Unlike some my happiness doesnt revolve around football (or even City). Ive supported them all my life (since the early 80's) so in a way the fact that my happiness doesnt revolve around football means Ive been quite lucky in that respect. Believe you me, Im very very happy generally and just love debating football.
Sterling is a completely different player before he is even included in a debate about whether he is better.

de Bruyne is the best player in the league and arguably the world. Generally agreed upon.

however, you can’t have too many good players. Especially if Bernardo does wish to leave. Tbh, he hasn’t been quite (emphasis on quite) as good the last two seasons and it makes sense if perhaps he isn’t quite as happy off the pitch as he would like.

also, it’s always of benefit to refresh the side.

since the first pep title, we’ve only made the following signings of note:
Dias
Torres
Ake
Cancelo
Rodri
Mahrez

of that list only Dias, rodri and Mahrez were ever intended to be signings that would be regulars shaking up the main core group of players.

it’s in need of a couple of new faces in the core of the team to keep it fresh.

Here you go mate, not the full clip. But you can still tell he’s trying to justify himself. Sounds like me when I’ve winged interviews in the past making up as I go along hoping they believe it!
still having none of it at the end big Mike

Earlier I said “I hope he falls down the stairs”
My apologies I would like amend that statement.
I hope he falls down the stairs and someone pushes a piano down after him.

Why didn’t they ask him how did the rags able to spend 73m how chelsea spent 225m and looking to spend another 100m plus the amount of money the club has Earned over the last few years! Regarding ffp he spoke of bet he hasn’t got a scooby what’s its about why doesn’t he do some research instead of keeping the narrative up! This is why they keep this ffp shit going for ever more every time we buy a players it’s ffp this ffp that! Sky are utter cunts of an organisation..
He was alluding to that after. Just standard brainwashed idiots, pandering to a narrative set by the media. Can’t wait for the meltdown once we sign Kane, be the best window we’ve ever had after winning a title

Here you go mate, not the full clip. But you can still tell he’s trying to justify himself. Sounds like me when I’ve winged interviews in the past making up as I go along hoping they believe it!
still having none of it at the end big Mike

Poor Wedder’s, stuck between them two know fuck all Dalek’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.