It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call Walker a traditional full back personally.
Maybe he was at Spurs, but under Pep, he has developed greater flexibility in his game to include central defensive and midfield roles.

He's far more than a traditional full back, and that's why he kèeps Cancelo out of the starting line-up.

Maybe he was at Spurs, but under Pep, he has developed greater flexibility in his game to include central defensive and midfield roles.

He's far more than a traditional full back, and that's why he kèeps Cancelo out of the starting line-up.
Like Ferna, I’m dreading the day we finally have to replace Kyle. I can’t think of anyone around at the minute who can do what he does

So why Pep didnt pick him at the start of the last 2 seasons ? only when the alternatives had failed miserably did he start to pick him regularly.

When you boil your statement down BcB, you've answered your own question. Quite simply, he was the best option we had.

He isn't perfect in that role I agree, although he's started to play there for his national side I noticed. By no means is he a traditional left back, he simply does not have the physique for starters, but most games he gets away with it, and when he's not being pushed too hard by the opposition, his link up play for us down the left side is excellent. IMO, at the present, he is the best option we have in that role.

Hallelujah!
Someone else actually gets it. We've not actually needed a 'traditional' left or right back since Pep arrived.
The modern game is won and lost in midfield.
The game, old, modern, and everything in between is won and lost in the box.

So why Pep didnt pick him at the start of the last 2 seasons ? only when the alternatives had failed miserably did he start to pick him regularly.
He was injured for most of the first half of last season. Came into the team pretty promptly after finding fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.