It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter how good he is. He has told Pep he wants to go. Why would Pep force him to stay here. Apparently he told him last year, Pep convinced him to stay and here we are again.

Lets be honest, hes been poor now for 18mths, flashes of brilliance like Villa away last year but by and large his head hasn't been there.

We have just spent 100m on someone who is of a similar type of player and yet we are going to keep Bernardo as well. Not a chance.
Yet that 100m pound player has never shown anything at his previous club either to suggest that he will be vastly better than B.Silva....he could be but he also may not be......

Doesn't matter how good he is. He has told Pep he wants to go. Why would Pep force him to stay here. Apparently he told him last year, Pep convinced him to stay and here we are again.
This sounds identical to the Kane situation, yet spurs are holding out for £150m.

Bernardo is a regular for the reigning Champions and Portugal and has multiple years left on his contract. If Sancho cost £70 odd million, then Bernie has to be worth at least that.

This sounds identical to the Kane situation, yet spurs are holding out for £150m.

Bernardo is a regular for the reigning Champions and Portugal and has multiple years left on his contract. If Sancho cost £70 odd million, then Bernie has to be worth at least that.
Far from identical to Kane.Truth is we probably need somebody to leave, if we think we are getting Kane, Bernardo is the player that wants to go a plays in a position that that we are stacked in. So we take the best deal we can. If this is it then this is it.
Comparing to other players in different clubs and situations is pointless.

Yet that 100m pound player has never shown anything at his previous club either to suggest that he will be vastly better than B.Silva....he could be but he also may not be......
He will be IMO but in the end thats counts for nothing. The opinions of those paid big money, and to be fair with a track record to match think he will. To say he has never shown anything previously though is just wrong, and he was better than Bernardo last season.

Just because Spurs act like dicks, break every promise to their players, insist on keeping them when they’re unhappy and have a chairman who’s a two faced fuckwit doesn’t mean we have to behave in a similar manner and I’m, for one, glad we don’t.

Just because Spurs act like dicks, break every promise to their players, insist on keeping them when they’re unhappy and have a chairman who’s a two faced fuckwit doesn’t mean we have to behave in a similar manner and I’m, for one, glad we don’t.
I agree, but i don't want us to be taken for a mug either.

If teams want one of our players they should pay the going rate but £45m for Bernie is taking the piss imho.

Im not id keep bernardo unhappy or not than just give him away for peanuts its about time our club stopped being pushovers for good.

He will be IMO but in the end thats counts for nothing. The opinions of those paid big money, and to be fair with a track record to match think he will. To say he has never shown anything previously though is just wrong, and he was better than Bernardo last season.
I dont disagree Grealish could become great.....

He was better than Bernardo last season but Bernardo at his best is better than Grealish at his best at present....but thats not the point or argument.

If we are willing to pay 100m for a plyer who has done little to deserve such a hefty price tag, then surely Bernardo who has done more in the game both in the league(s) and internationally as well is worth a bit more than the 45m being touted around..look at the centre half that Arsenal have just bought - 50m and he has achieved nothing in his career......its not like Bernardo's contract is nearly up..he has 3-4 years left on it.

I know Grealish had a release clause which is why we paid what we did....Tammy abraham has just gone for 40m however.....Sane went for 55m (I think) and he only had a year left on his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.