It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I struggle to deal with most is the purpose of being a fan. Moments after a loss, the entire forum is filled with comments like "Pep's arrogance is back, he can't put aside his ego", "I just don't understand why we didn't play the best XI, even though half the squad has trained together for the first time 2 days before the match", "this 20 yr old bought for 20 mil, playing out of position is a fraud", etc.

Like if as a fan you're not even attempting to rationalize the decisions taken by the club manager and especially someone as decorated as Pep, someone genuinely loves the club and goes to war with the media every week trying to defend us, then what is the point?

If you, as a fan, are not willing to be empathetic towards players who have won so many trophies for us, brought so much joy, who give their 100% nearly every match, then who else is gonna do it? Rival supporters? The media?

I don't get the fan vs the club mentality at all. As if as a fan, I'm entitled to perfect performances every week and everyone at the club is slave to my demands. As if every mistake is a personal humiliation and all the cuplrits should flogged in the market square. Because the threads after a loss really feel like that. I look at other clubs filled to the brim with players who are absolute disrespectful hacks and I feel blessed that we've such a great squad. I learned yesterday that an Arsenal player (Torreira) was posting selfies from Disneyworld or some shite while they're losing 2-0 to Brentford. Can you imagine Bernardo doing something like that?

And I'm not referring to legit criticism of players' performances because that's warranted sometimes. Maybe Sterling or Jesus or Torres or whoever hasn't performed well so people might have opinions on that. It's all good as long as it's coming from a place of good intention and there's an actual attempt at expressing their opinion. But the hate, anger and outrage that I see - it's incomprehensible.
so fucking true, one thing that really gets on my tits(and it happened this morning) is the fuckwits on bluemoon who claim our club or especially pep is arrogant, pep hasn't imo got an arrogant bone in his body football wise, yet these fucking know it alls come on here usually after a defeat, strike that ,only after a defeat and claim pep was arrogant,

maybe it goes with the territory of being successful but bluemoon is chock full of wums,know it alls and fuck wits, i noticed the increase last season when we were strongly linked with messi, and some are still here, glory hunting cunts who expect 10-0 every game or its because pep is arrogant , the level of abuse goes from 0-100 is a second, what the fuck would these people be like back in the 80/90s when players and performances were shite, proper shite , and the answer, they wouldn't of supported us.

so fucking true, one thing that really gets on my tits(and it happened this morning) is the fuckwits on bluemoon who claim our club or especially pep is arrogant, pep hasn't imo got an arrogant bone in his body football wise, yet these fucking know it alls come on here usually after a defeat, strike that ,only after a defeat and claim pep was arrogant,

maybe it goes with the territory of being successful but bluemoon is chock full of wums,know it alls and fuck wits, i noticed the increase last season when we were strongly linked with messi, and some are still here, glory hunting cunts who expect 10-0 every game or its because pep is arrogant , the level of abuse goes from 0-100 is a second, what the fuck would these people be like back in the 80/90s when players and performances were shite, proper shite , and the answer, they wouldn't of supported us.
In the dark days of old we used to leave the Kippax after another loss stating no fucking chance am I returning to watch that shit ever again

Would continue the conversation until the first pint hit my lips and then it was can't wait for the next game we will turn this around and dominate the football world.

Football fans are a fickle bunch

Agree with the sentiment but we can't live on football shitness and Kippax alleyway nostalgia forever.
You have to factor in the "context" where we are now and where those in charge are trying to place us. Yes there's a lot of hysteria after a defeat but It's not from being spoilt or glory hunters. You see the squad at our disposal and what we have achieved in recent seasons and the disappointment is understandably palpable.

Last edited:
In the dark days of old we used to leave the Kippax after another loss stating no fucking chance am I returning to watch that shit ever again

Would continue the conversation until the first pint hit my lips and then it was can't wait for the next game we will turn this around and dominate the football world.

Football fans are a fickle bunch
And we did turn it around. And we did go to dominate the football world.

In vino veritas!

Agree with the sentiment but we can't live on football shitness and Kippax alleyway nostalgia forever.
You have to factor in the "context" where we are now and where those in charge are trying to place us.
agreed, but as a forum we need to do it with a bit more perspective , the abuse the team, players and managers get is beyond normal, for such a successful team.

under no context does the team,players or manager deserve the absolute slaughtering they get after a defeat.

i get we can say, sterling was shit, dias was shit,kev was shit, but on here they want to castrate people for having a bad game.

kev was past it not so long ago, he'd just got back from injury, wasn't quite up to speed, and half the fuckwits on here wanted him putting out to grass and shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.