It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Berge's a patch on a 35 year old Fernandinho.

Has he even played much recently? Doesn't seem to have many appearances this season.

Honestly don't know enough about him, but at the age profile and assumed price (obviously if any interest is actually true) it sounds like a cover/squad option at a reasonable price with PL experience abd a decent return resale value, until either an academy player comes into the fold or another target becomes available. In some ways, that option probably also exists with luiz' buy back.

Took his hamstring clean off the bone at the start of the season, surgery after. Wouldn't touch him anytime soon tbh even if we do think he's got the ability.
Might make him cheap though. Perhaps we only have around 20-25 million earmarked for a DM, which is why we've been linked to Zakaria (one year left on deal, injury concerns), Berge (relegated, injury concerns) and Douglas Luiz (buy back clause).

Might make him cheap though. Perhaps we only have around 20-25 million earmarked for a DM, which is why we've been linked to Zakaria (one year left on deal, injury concerns), Berge (relegated, injury concerns) and Douglas Luiz (buy back clause).
He might never play 2 games in a week again, even with all the medical advances it's a horrendous injury. There's fuck all point in signing someone with injury issues as backup, if they won't be available when we need them as backup.

He might never play 2 games in a week again, even with all the medical advances it's a horrendous injury.

How come?

Appreciate it was a bad injury but I've seen/read nothing to suggest his career is over at the top level. If lads are coming back from bad ACL's and similar injuries to play with the regularity that they play with, I'd be really surprised if this injury would finish him.

That's not really connected to whether we're interested in him btw! Just curious as to why you think it's that bad (apologies if you're a doctor).

How come?

Appreciate it was a bad injury but I've seen/read nothing to suggest his career is over at the top level. If lads are coming back from bad ACL's and similar injuries to play with the regularity that they play with, I'd be really surprised if this injury would finish him.

That's not really connected to whether we're interested in him btw! Just curious as to why you think it's that bad (apologies if you're a doctor).
I'm not a doctor mate, but I've had a few bad sports injuries and I've an interest in them. He tore the hamstring and connected tendons clean from the bone, the surgery was to reconnect them and even if it goes perfectly, (and the tendon can be reconnected with existing tissue and not a bit cut from his hamstring or arse) it's never going to be as strong, it's always going to be likely to cause further injury and he'll need to compensate for it which will cause a drop off in capability and issues elsewhere in the body.
Alderweireld had a similar one a few years back for spurs, even though his surgery and recovery went without a hitch he hasn't been the same since. He plays centre half too and not in midfield which is a far more stressful position for the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.