It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with the academy we're going for the supermarket approach (for lack of a better term). Nice and cheap, and readily available.

We're probably not making too much on any one player, but we consistently produce multiple players of great quality and by making them affordable I'd wager clubs are far more willing to buy one of our bunch than from other clubs. Which means that total profit is always high. Plus these kids get the chance to prove themselves instead of being trapped in the loan army.

we seem to want to help players move if they are not happy , that involves selling them for a reasonable price , i like it that we are helping the young ones leave and the oldies stay till the end of their contracts , it is just the way we do business and we are doing ok
I know and i like that we care about our players, but then the money we spend and FFP gets thrown in our face and we're always having to explain ourselves.

It's okay i just hate the way we're treated.

We dont seem to like fast direct wingers at present
I’d guess the reason for that is, we know we play the majority of games against teams that sit deep and close down space that a fast direct winger would want to run into. Like all our targets or players we progress they are targeted or not for a reason.

I would always play Benardo in our midfield as I think we are a better team when he plays. He brings out the best in other players and makes us more balanced. I think we'll struggle to find a 3 in midfield that is more effective than one where he features. For that reason alone I would hate to see him leave, regardless of the price.
fully agree....think its a mistake letting him go...Id rather let Gundogan or Mahrez go as I dont think we will get as good a season out of either of them as last year...both (esp Mahrez) hadnt lived upto expectations before last year (less so Gundogan).....Bernardo has been hit and miss but he has more to offer in the future than either of those two and you can never accuse him of going missing, even when playing badly.

Basically, city are willing to wait until deadline day to save 30m and are preparing all the stuff to close the deal quickly once the fee is agreed?

Forgive me for being pessimistic but I’d be surprised if Levy let him go on deadline day. Unless they sort a replacement out prior - if they do then it’ll be obvious he’s on the move anyway.

Maybe I’m still burnt by Sanchez not coming because Arsenal were rejected by Lemar on the last day.

I’d guess the reason for that is, we know we play the majority of games against teams that sit deep and close down space that a fast direct winger would want to run into. Like all our targets or players we progress they are targeted or not for a reason.
weve played like that (or against that) since pep arrived....both Sane and Sterling did pretty well imho early doors.....

I know and i like that we care about our players, but then the money we spend and FFP gets thrown in our face and we're always having to explain ourselves.

It's okay i just hate the way we're treated.

We churn players you probably have never even known about who are on our books and probably never played a meaningful friendly never mind a first team game, Mooy, Harrison and Doug Luiz have been moved on for reasonable amounts at the time apart from maybe Harrison but an agreement is an agreement, then we have a dozen or two of other lads who were never going to make it but we have had decent fees for. It’s not all about selling what we consider prime players although the 34 million we got to offset the Cancelo deal was a startling amount.

As it stands in the last five years we have not been faced with letting a prime player go, Bernie is probably the first that wants out whom I would consider as being prime. Let’s see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.