It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack's entire career so far

Aston Villa

Just because you like a player and think he's the bestest, that doesn't have any bearing on his marketability. Unless you're going to prop his entire brand up by yourself.
It’s nothing to do with grealish

Doubt anyone would pay a fee for him, but maybe someone would take a punt in a loan deal if we heavily subsidised his wages?

I think that’s the only way we could potentially move him on, never really showed the quality needed. I’m not 100% sure if it’s because he is being asked to do a different role to one originally expected (maybe we bought him as a wingback rather that left back?). But he has never show one iota of defensive intelligence and his mistakes have made who ever is in the CB pairing look bad.

So outward bound is more about covering costs (and we are all guessing that’s the case - we could be just fine without any out going transfers) it’s between Laporte and Bernardo. Given they both want to leave for different reasons I think either going is ok.

Bernardo is clearly unhappy going by reports and has been since the mendy episode. A real shame that as he is one of the best players in his position in Europe. His stock is much higher outside of England too, very highly regarded by many in the game. Laporte is just having a hissy for over lack of playing time so for me he would go. Problem with that is lack of quality cover in his position (and the fact he can cover left back too), he is clearly a level above Ake.

So Bernardo is the one we might potentially lose, which is ok if we get Kane in.

Doubt anyone would pay a fee for him, but maybe someone would take a punt in a loan deal if we heavily subsidised his wages?

I think that’s the best option we can hope for with Mendy - and I’d be happy enough with that.

The lad needs to play regularly if he’s got any hope of finding his pre-City form again - and the pressure is just too great for him to get a proper run of games here.

I’d rather we sent Mendy out on loan than sold Bernardo - but I get the choice with the latter is probably out of our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.