It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're taking the piss...
I'm not. I thought association trained was overseas players who came through youth academies in this country. Sterling, Grealish, Stones and Walker are english, not overseas players so don not fall into the 'assocation trained' bracket. Have I missed something?

I'm not. I thought association trained was overseas players who came through youth academies in this country. Sterling, Grealish, Stones and Walker are english, not overseas players so don not fall into the 'assocation trained' bracket. Have I missed something?
Apologies then, honestly thought you were on the wind up.

No, it's 17 'Open' spots which anyone can fill.

There's 4 'Club Trained' spots which can only be filled with players who have been at the club for 3 full seasons(?) before the age of 21.

And there's 4 'Association Trained' spots which can only be filled with players who have been at any other club in the association for 3 full seasons(?) before the age of 21.

Hence, Gael Clichy was French but was 'Club Trained for Arsenal but 'Association Trained' for us.

Nationality doesn't come into it at all.

Hargreaves was English but always took up an 'Open' spot because he moved to Germany when he was young.

Four homegrown players that are not club trained. Any other homegrown players are treated the same as players brought up through foreign clubs.
Really!?!? How bizarre

Doesn't this encourage clubs to buy cheaper less talented players from other countries rather than looking in your own country.. which would ultimately benefit the national teams?

I'm pretty sure the Association Trained spots could be filled by additional >4 Club Trained players. The way you word it makes it sound like they couldn't. Apologies if that is obvious, just pointing out the "only" in your post.

Apologies then, honestly thought you were on the wind up.

No, it's 17 'Open' spots which anyone can fill.

There's 4 'Club Trained' spots which can only be filled with players who have been at the club for 3 full seasons(?) before the age of 21.

And there's 4 'Association Trained' spots which can only be filled with players who have been at any other club in the association for 3 full seasons(?) before the age of 21.

Hence, Gael Clichy was French but was 'Club Trained for Arsenal but 'Association Trained' for us.

Nationality doesn't come into it at all.

Hargreaves was English but always took up an 'Open' spot because he moved to Germany when he was young.
Which brings Jude Bellingham (you know recently he was only 17) to mind.

I may be mistaken but isn't the rule three years at a club from the age of 15 until 21(not certain on the top end number)? If he moved to Dortmund before the three years will he not be association trained if he comes back to an English club?

Really!?!? How bizarre

Doesn't this encourage clubs to buy cheaper less talented players from other countries rather than looking in your own country.. which would ultimately benefit the national teams?

I assume it's because you can't discriminate against employees based on their nationality within the EU, but you can based on their training/education

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.