It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the financial and squad place issue?
Id be shocked if we needed to sign Bernardo to balance the books on Kane when its likely he goes on loan anyway. Squad place is a good point but we have the space anyway don't we with Aguero leaving?

So Kane is a Pep obsession? Maybe he just wants that immediate impact and isn't keen on waiting around for someone like Haaland next summer to only have him for 12 months before Pep moved on.

It's an interesting equation actually. Haaland in theory is up for grabs next summer, would obviously be the better long-term signing, should we secure him, but do we go for the short-term option to please the manager?

Interesting schism if that's true.
Haaland is not up for grabs next summer though. Hence why everyone is moving on except two clubs, Madrid and Bayern. Even then you could argue that Bayern may baulk at the funds involved and have Lewandowski who isn't slowing down. Madrid are clearing the squad and its not just for Mbappe.

Kane is not a short term option, he offers 3/4 seasons at the very highest level.

In that same time we hope that Delap has kicked on and could be even battling Kane for a starting spot or even alongside him.

So Kane is a Pep obsession? Maybe he just wants that immediate impact and isn't keen on waiting around for someone like Haaland next summer to only have him for 12 months before Pep moved on.

It's an interesting equation actually. Haaland in theory is up for grabs next summer, would obviously be the better long-term signing, should we secure him, but do we go for the short-term option to please the manager?

Haaland will go to madrid in all likelyhood ,why cant you get we cant make players want to come here, we wont pay the enormous wages players like him want so he will go where they can

Id be shocked if we needed to sign Bernardo to balance the books on Kane when its likely he goes on loan anyway. Squad place is a good point but we have the space anyway don't we with Aguero leaving?

Haaland is not up for grabs next summer though. Hence why everyone is moving on except two clubs, Madrid and Bayern. Even then you could argue that Bayern may baulk at the funds involved and have Lewandowski who isn't slowing down. Madrid are clearing the squad and its not just for Mbappe.

Kane is not a short term option, he offers 3/4 seasons at the very highest level.

In that same time we hope that Delap has kicked on and could be even battling Kane for a starting spot or even alongside him.

That may be true, but I'm sure if we threw our hat in the ring we'd fare well.

And to be honest, regarding Delap, I think people need to stop talking about him as a potential rival to Haaland in 4 years or so, it's mildly absurd at this point. That's an enormous what if.

Haaland will go to madrid in all likelyhood ,why cant you get we cant make players want to come here, we wont pay the enormous wages players like him want so he will go where they can
Not to mention he's assuming Guardiola wouldn't stay longer than his current deal.

How does he know this? Your guess is as good as mine. Honestly I think this kid is like 13 or something.

To be fair Mbappe just want Real, always his dream from a young kid, the wages are just a very nice bonus.

No player plays for the fun of it, 99% players money is No1

Unless Haaland's camp have indicated City are his preferred destination as long as the deal is right, I can't see us entering a highest bidder wins auction for him next summer.

Next summer could end up like 5 blokes lining up, hoping that the hottie of their affections chooses them above the other contestants.

We've probably told his team what we're prepared to offer & left them a contact number to get back to us on if they're interested. Fuck him & move on......

Not to mention he's assuming Guardiola wouldn't stay longer than his current deal.

How does he know this? Your guess is as good as mine. Honestly I think this kid is like 13 or something.

Yes, it's a natural assumption if he seems to prefer a short-term signing with an immediate impact, which the club are less keen on given that age profile and cost but are happy to entertain.

Strange obsession with 12/13 years olds you. Dangerous bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.