It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's a natural assumption"
Didn't we sign Mahrez when he was 27? and then didn't Pep sign a new deal after that?
Also, how short-term do you think signing a 28 year old is? We signed Fernandinho at 28, he's going into his 9th season.
Messi or Ronaldo or Cavani would be short term. Not Kane.

Obsession? ummm... okay. I mention that I think you are 13 once and you are implying I'm a nonce? Nice one. And not the least bit childish...
Walker was 27 as well and that's worked out well.

Reactions: kun
First I've heard of this mate, when was this? What/who was the source?

In the hypothetical you're putting forward it's assuming Delap will be at a level high enough to take over the reigns from an ageing Kane, that's a big what if. Something a lot of blues are guilty of at the moment.
If Delap proves not good enough we will just dip into the market when we need to, chill out my man, you gotta start taking beta-blockers or something.

he wants out
I totally understand he wants out, but our policy in regards to this is strange. Just said a mere £50m would do? Bernardo has 4 years left on his deal, as the selling party why are we making it look like a joke of a deal instead of standing our ground and pointing to his contract with a big fee, I can't think of another European club who would act this way and just be fine with whatever really, same goes for Laporte. £60m is a joke.

First I've heard of this mate, when was this? What/who was the source?

In the hypothetical you're putting forward it's assuming Delap will be at a level high enough to take over the reigns from an ageing Kane, that's a big what if. Something a lot of blues are guilty of at the moment.
it is understood that the Norwegian international’s father, a former City player, has had contact with City’s director of football Txiki Begiristain.

Well if Kane bangs in 100 goals in 4 years, we have won the lot and Delap isn't up to scratch we will have "another" next big thing. Like how Haaland was nobody 4 years ago. There is always another!

Doesn't matter. We can't even guarantee on Kevin's fitness this season. We need Bernardo if we don't get a striker. He can play anywhere for us

We’re more than covered to be honest. No one team in the world can match our depth in any of the positions Bernardo can play.

I totally understand he wants out, but our policy in regards to this is strange. Just said a mere £50m would do? Bernardo has 4 years left on his deal, as the selling party why are we making it look like a joke of a deal instead of standing our ground and pointing to his contract with a big fee, I can't think of another European club who would act this way and just be fine with whatever really, same goes for Laporte. £60m is a joke.
Totally agree and it looks like a 2 year loan with purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.