It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very difficult to sort fact from fiction in this transfer window
as the famous septic pegg would say, Man City's new striker will be a man... or a woman, he, she, them,they, it, will live in a house, the number is.... on the door

Absolute worst possible case is Bernardo loaned out and no striker in.
All the reliable City reporters have stated they will allow the players to leave as long as they bring in a suitable offer, and have also mentioned City want cash deals for any of the players from first team wanting out. The loan deals are already impossible unless we have a sudden transfer policy change and are offered way more than expected upon completion of loan. I would disregard any loan offer news. Whether player agrees personal terms with another club means nowt.

Unless Haaland's camp have indicated City are his preferred destination as long as the deal is right, I can't see us entering a highest bidder wins auction for him next summer.

Next summer could end up like 5 blokes lining up, hoping that the hottie of their affections chooses them above the other contestants.

We've probably told his team what we're prepared to offer & left them a contact number to get back to us on if they're interested. Fuck him & move on......

I just wonder what the club had in mind as an alternative forward option, if Kane is very much a Pep want. If those rumours are true at least.

Yes, it's a natural assumption if he seems to prefer a short-term signing with an immediate impact, which the club are less keen on given that age profile and cost but are happy to entertain.

Strange obsession with 12/13 years olds you. Dangerous bloke.
"It's a natural assumption"
Didn't we sign Mahrez when he was 27? and then didn't Pep sign a new deal after that?
Also, how short-term do you think signing a 28 year old is? We signed Fernandinho at 28, he's going into his 9th season.
Messi or Ronaldo or Cavani would be short term. Not Kane.

Obsession? ummm... okay. I mention that I think you are 13 once and you are implying I'm a nonce? Nice one. And not the least bit childish...

That may be true, but I'm sure if we threw our hat in the ring we'd fare well.

And to be honest, regarding Delap, I think people need to stop talking about him as a potential rival to Haaland in 4 years or so, it's mildly absurd at this point. That's an enormous what if.
We already have, it was reported that Alf sat down with Txiki. We put our deal forward and if it had been accepted. We wouldn't be after Kane.

Why does he have to rival Haaland. How is that at all relevant?

We already have, it was reported that Alf sat down with Txiki. We put our deal forward and if it had been accepted. We wouldn't be after Kane.

Why does he have to rival Haaland. How is that at all relevant?

First I've heard of this mate, when was this? What/who was the source?

In the hypothetical you're putting forward it's assuming Delap will be at a level high enough to take over the reigns from an ageing Kane, that's a big what if. Something a lot of blues are guilty of at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.