It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not selling him. The club seem to feel they need to for a variety of reasonsvand will get the best price they can. I don't need to be happy or not, not my problem to balance the books. If you want to get upset about a value you've decided on thats up to you.

I don't get upset at transfers, I get exacberated at how little some city fans value our players once they want to leave.

Not saying you btw.

His present market value is £63M so any less and only an idiot would think is a good deal.

But then most on this forum have proved they are idiots tbf

Hi Urban Genie, I hope all’s good with you.
I’m going to be boring, or I should say more boring than usual, I’m going to Labour a point here.
I know that you’ll understand what market value is but there’s a lot of general confusion about what market value is on this forum, so for the assistance of those who may have an odd notion of what market value is, I’ll spell it out: -

Market value is the maximum amount that the market (anyone in the market) is willing to pay for something and that applies to all things in all markets.
A price tag placed upon a thing to be sold is not it’s market value as the market could be willing to pay more (market price higher than price tag in which case you’ve sold without realising the market value).
And things that don’t sell are things that carry a price tag that is above market value (above the amount that the market is willing to pay).

There a a number of websites that put a notional market value against players. Please be aware that those notional values are not market value, they’re guesses at what the authors think the market might be willing to pay.

Anyhow, I’ve just been told that Bernardo’s market value is £63M which means that we’ve been offered £63M for him.

IMO the £63M, that I’m told we’ve been offered, sounds a very good price for a player on a salary that would have many clubs struggling, especially in a market financially devastated by covid.
I was thinking that we’d be lucky to get maybe €45 for him, which would easily cover his book price and show us a profit.
Who’s offered this unbelievably handsome amount and when does he go for his medical?

Hi Urban Genie, I hope all’s good with you.
I’m going to be boring, or I should say more boring than usual, I’m going to Labour a point here.
I know that you’ll understand what market value is but there’s a lot of general confusion about what market value is on this forum, so for the assistance of those who may have an odd notion of what market value is, I’ll spell it out: -

Market value is the maximum amount that the market (anyone in the market) is willing to pay for something and that applies to all things in all markets.
A price tag placed upon a thing to be sold is not it’s market value as the market could be willing to pay more (market price higher than price tag in which case you’ve sold without realising the market value).
And things that don’t sell are things that carry a price tag that is above market value (above the amount that the market is willing to pay).

There a a number of websites that put a notional market value against players. Please be aware that those notional values are not market value, they’re guesses at what the authors think the market might be willing to pay.

Anyhow, I’ve just been told that Bernardo’s market value is £63M which means that we’ve been offered £63M for him.

IMO the £63M, that I’m told we’ve been offered, sounds a very good price for a player on a salary that would have many clubs struggling, especially in a market financially devastated by covid.
I was thinking that we’d be lucky to get maybe €45 for him, which would easily cover his book price and show us a profit.
Who’s offered this unbelievably handsome amount and when does he go for his medical?

You know I have had 4 plum ported and 2 pints of cuban rum and coke, that post is far too much for that and no chance I am reading it today, just put nah genie you **** you're wrong, would be quicker ;-)

You don't add someone like Ronaldo to your wage bill and then sign Kane in January.

We sign Ronaldo, and that's us on the outside looking in for the next two years, because that will be the minimum deal he would get.

United could sit tight until next summer and pick up Kane for less than £100m.

Outside of what looking in where? Twatness aside, and also the hypothetical nature of it, Ronaldo is a far better player than Kane. And still will be next year. So even if utd got Kane for 100m next year, we'd still be getting a much better deal. He would be easy to replace with that 125m saving, which could buy a better player than Kane that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.