It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to be seriously concerned that we might sign Ronaldo.

I've spent 2 years in lockdown trying to avoid a virus and then one turns up at our door. I genuinely would rather have nobody than him.

He should go to United. He's the physical embodiment of their supreme arrogance. Can you imagine him scoring and the South Stand belting out Viva Ronaldo? It makes me physically ill just thinking about.

I'm not bitter. Ronaldo is an amazing player who would score 40 goals a year in our team and of course Kidd, Law, Tevez, etc have done it on both sides. So there's a precedent. But I just despise the bloke so badly that I want his legs to fall off. I can't help it.

I've spent 2 years in lockdown trying to avoid a virus and then one turns up at our door. I genuinely would rather have nobody than him.

He should go to United. He's the physical embodiment of their supreme arrogance. Can you imagine him scoring and the South Stand belting out Viva Ronaldo? It makes me physically ill just thinking about.

I'm not bitter. Ronaldo is an amazing player who would score 40 goals a year in our team and of course Kidd, Law, Tevez, etc have done it on both sides. So there's a precedent. But I just despise the bloke so badly that I want his legs to fall off. I can't help it.

Ronaldo would be an unwanted horrible **** even if he`d never played for them.

Don’t worry ain’t happening

I despise fans more who let pettiness drag the club down. Kane might or might not pull off but someone here is more worried about optics. Grealish is more of a rag than Ronaldo and he never even played there. The squad is the best I've ever seen but there's never anyone here that could take a game by the neck and produce something for themselves. Just look at the CL final.

I despise fans more who let pettiness drag the club down. Kane might or might not pull off but someone here is more worried about optics. Grealish is more of a rag than Ronaldo and he never even played there. The squad is the best I've ever seen but there's never anyone here that could take a game by the neck and produce something for themselves. Just look at the CL final.
This isn't about optics, it's about emotion. I don't want an arrogant **** who is a legend at our biggest rivals to play for us because it would me feel worse. Grealish is not and never was a United fan.

It's funny really. I say "I despise a United legend" and your response is "I despise City fans". Maybe you picked the wrong side mate?

This isn't about optics, it's about emotion. I don't want an arrogant **** who is a legend at our biggest rivals to play for us because it would me feel worse. Grealish is not and never was a United fan.

It's funny really. I say "I despise a United legend" and your response is "I despise City fans". Maybe you picked the wrong side mate?
Oh no I didn't. I just have a low opinion of those kinds of fans. A United legend, even better, he is a legend at the swamp but somehow angling for a move at the city rivals. That will send Fergie to the grave.

Kane is also an arrogant ****, and a long term legend of another premier league club. How is signing him that different.

Because Spurs have not spent 100 years as the biggest rivals of Manchester City.
There is a difference now though in that rivalry. We are better than them and have been this last decade. They're beneath us.

Ronaldo was only loyal to Taggart. He's given more to Madrid than he did them, and it's fair to say he used the rags as a stepping stone. How fucking wrenching it would be for them now to see him come to us, to propel us to that maiden CL win.

It will kill them, anger the piss can and benefit us. Remove your hatred for him and you'll see it is a win win signing.

Because Spurs have not spent 100 years as the biggest rivals of Manchester City.

So the issue is the rags bit, ok. Just wanted to clarify.

Look, not judging btw in the slightest, for clarity. I get emotion.

For me, bar the weight of the dislike of each former club (and plenty seem to dislike spurs too), the two transfers are the same. We'd be signing another club's senior player, both established elsewhere, both arrogant egos albeit one much much more. Also happens to be a much much better player.

Don't feel particularly swayed by the emotion at this point in the window, but if I did, I could almost find Ronaldo more palatable than Kane if I stop to think about it. Because of the fees involved, and also because ronaldo has been at multiple big clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.