It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we don't need a 9. Pep doesn't really play a 9. I'm sure he'd like an option but it's not a massive hole in our squad in the same way that not having a left halfback isn't a massive hole because we don't play halfbacks. We had Sergio Aguero last season and played him about 8 times and none of them as a traditional 9.
So you don't want Kane then?

PC going on charge for this evening to read through 100's of transfer forum posts later, having a day in Conwy today so will be 'off-line' from half nine until around teatime.

Hopefully some movement somewhere even if it's Levy bumming us off.

How did it fail?

The plan was get Kane if we can or we're happy with what we've got. City are not in the market for a striker. We're in the market for Harry Kane. If Kane wasn't available then there would be no striker incoming. That's what was said right from the beginning.
Failed because it now seems we could only afford one of Grealish or Kane, and we've signed the wrong one in my eyes. I still say we didn't need Grealish

Failed because it now seems we could only afford one of Grealish or Kane, and we've signed the wrong one in my eyes. I still say we didn't need Grealish
We can afford both.

I know exactly where this story that it was one or the other comes from. It was from Sam Luckhurst's coffee boy at the Manchester Evening News; a young lad who is probably on minimum wage and a massive United fan. And his story was that City could only afford Kane or Grealish ......unless they sold the Academy players that they were going to sell. The headline conveniently missed out that second bit. Then it was picked up by the Mail Sport who quoted the story and then made its way into the mainstream.

A good lesson in how fucking ridiculous the press is and how their bullshit can easily become commonly accepted wisdom if you let it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.