It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he didn’t give the impression today that Ronaldo was his idea either.
I don’t know what he’ll do but he’ll need a couple of the squad to step up to the challenge the way various fan write-offs did last season, at different times.

We can slag him off for team selections at times that baffle us, but his biggest achievement was getting what he did out of that squad last season.
We all think we had a team that should have won the CL but getting there and winning the PL with the squad playing the football they did was a major achievement.

Trouble this year is all our major rivals have strengthened, know our false 9 routine, crowds back will hate us as usual.
Pep has his work cut out to come up with something new.
Just when we all think he hasn’t any knew ideas though he usually comes up with one:) Agree I wouldn’t be surprised if some at the club were keen on Ronaldo but Peps reluctance caused the plug to be pulled. That and they knew once united were in it was a lost cause.
I still suspect the window might have a twist.

Agree. The most horrifying thing was pep admitting we weren't even in negotiations with spurs. Really wasted window. We should have had a option B who would have been cheaper and decent
If we weren't in negotiations with spurs, what have they been fucking about at for the last couple of months, surely they were looking at potential targets

Because we back off once competition comes in.

I dont think we lied to him, we haven't been able to buy a striker which is a different issue, but it's no secret we are in the market for one. The board obviously didn't envisage it being as difficult as it has been to get one of these deals over the line, but we couldn't exactly offer him a new contract as a contingency in case we didn't sign anyone.
If the board didn't realise how difficult it would be, then WHY didn't they realise? It's not as if we aren't making the same old mistakes over and over again. We are. But nobody has learnt anything from it.

I think Pep, Txiki, Soriano, Khaldoon are tired of the constant shit throw at the club. it must wear them down.

FFP accusations
Other clubs seemingly happy to collaborate to fuck us over
Clubs refusing to enter into negotiations

Jealousy is awful and football is nothing but a boys club. We are on the outside.

Just when we all think he hasn’t any knew ideas though he usually comes up with one:) Agree I wouldn’t be surprised if some at the club were keen on Ronaldo but Peps reluctance caused the plug to be pulled. That and they knew once united were in it was a lost cause.
I still suspect the window might have a twist.
Twist?
Yeah maybe Delap will go out on loan.

Pep confirming that we didn't even negotiate with Spurs is bewildering. What did we spend the whole transfer window doing? Talking with ourselves? Sitting quietly with unfounded confidence in our safe space. It's just really odd.
It borders on shady behaviour, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.