It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
we already have a project striker, his name is liam delap! if dortmund can play a 16 year old there's no reason why he can't get a game or two for us
Because Pep is the manager and we have entirely different ambitions than Dortmund and play a different kind of league. I wish people would stop talking about Delap like this because we have not seen what he can do with grown up defenders yet. It’s unfair to him. And a big mistake not loaning him to get constant game time

This is in the Erling Haaland thread.
a614f9d8cf45d6c3227b185de5c4070e.jpg

He isn't 100% accurate with his guesses either (or even 99.9%). He announced that Cancelo would be our last signing in summer 2019, only for Scott Carson to arrive a short time after.
f72ffdf150c588aeb307ddc79a427f53.jpg

He was wrong with his pessimistic guess about the outcome of the CAS appeal also.
c3875b851e00fe0c712a736af4dcd964.jpg

Definitely not ITK, but likes everyone to think he is.
To be fair.... he's being called out on a third choice keeper.

The ban thing, even Big Cal wouldn't have been certain until the result was out.

Last edited:
The was a plan B, C, D etc. Pep had a list. This has been reported. It also seems we focused only on Kane, which was an enormous mistake. I 100% believe @twosips when he says he heard the club personally would rather invest in a “project” younger striker than Kane. If we had focused on options that fit that bill, we would have someone here already.

I think for Pep it was Kane or nothing and the board did all they could to deliver him that whilst preferring a longer term player typical of their usual strategy.

When Kane didn't come off Ronaldo may have been tempting but not for the fee/wages. We weren't interested in Messi this time around so I doubt Ronaldo would have been hugely attractive.

When we say project I don't think we are talking a Jesus/Torres I think they'd prefer a name just one with more time ahead of them. Haaland fits the bill in almost every way next summer. Release clause, young, resale value. The agent and wages are where we are likely to see a difference in opinion and ultimately look elsewhere.

I can't think of who else out there was both worth going for this summer and likely to move. Kane was the best fit. It didn't happen so no point panicking.

You seem to ignore that we would have happily paid Messi more the previous summer and matched PSG’s numbers in this one.

The club needs to stop targeting players from inside the PL unless they have a release clause, and even then, I would only deal with a specific pool of clubs. Many of these clubs don’t want to deal with us in good faith, as proven once again this summer. There isn’t a single player we can’t find similar or better elsewhere. And we as fans should also probably stop pushing PL targets for the most part too

The Kane saga played out exactly like many here predicted and we naively went along. Never again! And the ones who joined the forum to attack me and say it was a done deal miraculously disappeared
What makes you say many PL clubs don’t want to deal with us in good faith? I can’t think of one transfer example which suggests this, or have I missed something?

What makes you say many PL clubs don’t want to deal with us in good faith? I can’t think of one transfer example which suggests this, or have I missed something?
Are you serious? Levy all summer? Villa trying to offer Grealish to Madrid and United at the last minute? This isn’t a coincidence and isn’t just a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.