It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
And my opinion is also that the examples of Messi, Ronaldo (given the deals that they ended up with) - along with Sanchez and others mentioned - have consistently proven our club to have been correct

Really well managed - IMO
You seem to ignore that we would have happily paid Messi more the previous summer and matched PSG’s numbers in this one.

The club needs to stop targeting players from inside the PL unless they have a release clause, and even then, I would only deal with a specific pool of clubs. Many of these clubs don’t want to deal with us in good faith, as proven once again this summer. There isn’t a single player we can’t find similar or better elsewhere. And we as fans should also probably stop pushing PL targets for the most part too

The Kane saga played out exactly like many here predicted and we naively went along. Never again! And the ones who joined the forum to attack me and say it was a done deal miraculously disappeared

Yep - when you think about it - if Kane cannot be secured - who could have been the Plan B? - who is (genuinely) available than would be better then seeing Jesus and Torres being given their chances?

There should normally always be a Plan B - and perhaps in this case - Plan B was agreed to be simply to go with Torres and Jesus rather than buy someone for the sake of it
The same applies to really promising untested young options. Why bring someone in rather thatln give Delap a shot?

Yep - when you think about it - if Kane cannot be secured - who could have been the Plan B? - who is (genuinely) available than would be better then seeing Jesus and Torres being given their chances?

There should normally always be a Plan B - and perhaps in this case - Plan B was agreed to be simply to go with Torres and Jesus rather than buy someone for the sake of it
The was a plan B, C, D etc. Pep had a list. This has been reported. It also seems we focused only on Kane, which was an enormous mistake. I 100% believe @twosips when he says he heard the club personally would rather invest in a “project” younger striker than Kane. If we had focused on options that fit that bill, we would have someone here already.

Sorry - we have to just disagree

It is all about opinions - and I respect your right to have yours

Mine are that:

All targets should have parameters - and it would be indeed a failure (IMO) if the club was to get sucked into some nonsense just because of some reason akin to vanity

Re Kane - would you have been pleased to see the club pay £500m ? or £400m? or £300?

If the answer is no - then you also have parameters and limits - so has the club - and ours seemed to be about £120m

And my opinion is also that the examples of Messi, Ronaldo (given the deals that they ended up with) - along with Sanchez and others mentioned - have consistently proven our club to have been correct

Really well managed - IMO
Kane is a really good player, I’m definitely not doing the guy down. He would’ve been an asset to us who would’ve converted some of our silly dropped points into wins in the league. That said, he’s 28 and the perception is he has suspect ankles (I say perception as I don’t think he misses too many games as he gets rushed back into a team that relies too much on him). I also think he goes missing in big games. What the Spurs fans couldn’t understand was likening his valuation to Grealish, (if Grealish is worth £100m then Kane as England captain is worth £150m). I had it the other way around. Grealish is worth more. I had Kane at around £85 m. But I accept English player tax up to £110m tops.
Spurs and their fans want money for a Messi in his pomp with 3 x Balon d’Ors under his belt, or gambling on a Mbappe or Haaland reaching those heights. Glad we pulled out. I can’t believe the “it’s not our money, pay it” comments. Look where that got Barcelona eventually.

The was a plan B, C, D etc. Pep had a list. This has been reported. It also seems we focused only on Kane, which was an enormous mistake. I 100% believe @twosips when he says he heard the club personally would rather invest in a “project” younger striker than Kane. If we had focused on options that fit that bill, we would have someone here already.
we already have a project striker, his name is liam delap! if dortmund can play a 16 year old there's no reason why he can't get a game or two for us

Pep Guardiola on whether #ManCity would have signed Cristiano Ronaldo if Manchester United hadn't come in for him: "Er, I don't think so." [via
@spbajko
we absolutely would have lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.