It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake's mare at Newcastle raises questions and the others aren't there. Laporte is a first choice CB in any other team and it takes one injury to Dias to be back at square one.

Agreed. We must keep Laporte, even if we have to sell Ake to placate him.

City did not legislate for two things last summer - a right-footed Dias being better on the left-side of a two, Stones reminding people why we bought him the first place.

I don't see anything in Ake which suggests he is nothing but a slightly above average centre-back which was bought to back-up Laporte.

Now that Laporte must also compete with Dias, the smartest decision is to get our £40m back on Ake while we can, coupled with relatively low wages other teams can still afford.

Nathan can still walk off with his medals.

Ain't happening is it? :(

Raspberry or Strawberry?

But remove yourself first from this mental picture please, Pudge?

I think selling Laporte for £70m+ and buying someone who can play centre back and defensive midfield would make us a more balanced squad.

I know it wasn't the biggest link, but the lad from Marseilles, Kamara, would be the perfect understudy for Fernandinho and he's played a couple of seasons in Ligue 1 and Europa at CB so he's not makeshift cover.

As much as I love Fern and hope he renews, it wouldn't surprise me at all if physically he falls off a cliff over the summer and ends up playing <10 games as a 36 year old.

The big question is how much Pep rates Aké.

There's no point selling Aké to keep Laporte happy only for Laporte to demand a transfer next summer because he's still not starting.

I think selling Laporte for £70m+ and buying someone who can play centre back and defensive midfield would make us a more balanced squad.

I know it wasn't the biggest link, but the lad from Marseilles, Kamara, would be the perfect understudy for Fernandinho and he's played a couple of seasons in Ligue 1 and Europa at CB so he's not makeshift cover.

As much as I love Fern and hope he renews, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he falls off a cliff over the summer and ends up playing <10 games as a 36 year old.

The big question is how much Pep rates Aké.

what about Declan Rice!

Agreed. We must keep Laporte, even if we have to sell Ake to placate him.

City did not legislate for two things last summer - a right-footed Dias being better on the left-side of a two, Stones reminding people why we bought him the first place.

I don't see anything in Ake which suggests he is nothing but a slightly above average centre-back which was bought to back-up Laporte.

Now that Laporte must also compete with Dias, the smartest decision is to get our £40m back on Ake while we can, coupled with relatively low wages other teams can still afford.

Nathan can still walk off with his medals.

Ain't happening is it? :(

Madrid are talking to Sevilla about Kounde, but could see them come in for Laporte with. Varane, money, their two starting CBs are gone this summer Ramos and Varane. So they will have cash from Varane money to get Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.