It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What option would you take if it was:

Andre Silva and Jack Grealish @ £130m

Erling Haaland or Harry Kane @ £130m

Just interested to see which option you guys would choose.

I’d go for the Silva & Grealish option - with those 2 in our squad we’d win everything.

As good as Haaland is, his choice of agent & his much trumpeted tour of the major suitors are worrying signs of an incoming circus act (a la Poobag), his wage demands would rock the boat and he is, after all, only 20 and 20yo prodigies often fall by the wayside so it’s feasible that he could be the next Andy Carroll rather than the next Lewandowski.

I won’t be sticking my lip out if we do get him because that would demonstrate that the club have considered the concerns I have and know that they can manage them but, in the interim, my personal choice would be as set out above and for the reasons given.

Last edited:
What option would you take if it was:

Andre Silva and Jack Grealish @ £130m

Erling Haaland or Harry Kane @ £130m

Just interested to see which option you guys would choose.
Haaland,though I'd take Silva and Grealish over Kane. Just think we need the best striker possible to replace Aguero,whoever the club think that is. Any other position is a nice luxury but we only really need a striker.

Silva is 25 yo and prior to this season his best scoring season was 16 league goals in 16/17 in Portugal.

Hes had a Jovic season (at the same club - dont know bundesliga but is EF set up specifically well for strikers?).

We’d sign him and he’d be below Gabby in the hierarchy. Complete waste of money.

I believe the club has learnt that to stay at the top you buy players that improve you, not just to fill a gap.

Agreed. We've seen us settle for players in certain positions in the past knowing the competition for places is healthy but we just can't afford to do that with Aguero's replacement.

Silva is 25 yo and prior to this season his best scoring season was 16 league goals in 16/17 in Portugal.

Hes had a Jovic season (at the same club - dont know bundesliga but is EF set up specifically well for strikers?).

We’d sign him and he’d be below Gabby in the hierarchy. Complete waste of money.

I believe the club has learnt that to stay at the top you buy players that improve you, not just to fill a gap.

Haaland/Kane is a must. A goal scoring forward will keep us on top.The other players mentioned may or may not make much of a difference. We are stacked with midfielders as it is. It would be disappointing if we come up short this time. The club rightly have walked away in the past with the crazy prices but this time we cannot afford not to sign a forward imo.

ideally, we sell either a few fringe players or a Mahrez and use the cash to pay £100+ for a forward.

Yesterday, you claimed you dont like ITKs Yet here you are
First of all, I never said that. Secondly, in the comment you quoted I wasn’t pretending to have heard something, it was just an informed reading of the situation at Barcelona

Our only real problem in this team is putting away chances, so Haaland has to be the focus of this window, even if it takes all summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.