It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had prime fern there is not a chance pep leaves him out. The normal system failed because we don’t have the right players to combat the Chelsea counter. The previous encounters with Chelsea put that little doubt in peps mind. He knew Rodri would be ambushed by kante and Jorginho.

Swap kante for Rodri and we win the final.

He did not play a stalwart in the biggest match. Pep is full of crap if he thinks we all believe he wanted another attacker. His whole model is build around the Dm. He knew that they would overrun Rodri and go straight through on goal.

He didn’t anticipate the rest of the team falling apart.

So we get rid of fernandinho and rodri because they weren't good enough for the CL final.
And Pep doesnt trust them. Thats your solution?

Rodri does not have the same weapons available as Fernandinho.The essential elements we need for a dm to succeed are: pace, power, positional awareness, passing ability, reading of the game, composure.

Rodri does have some of those attributes but he is too slow and what is more criminal when he is harassed by faster players he does not lift his head but either gets caught with the ball or continues to put pressure on the defence by passing back and not offering an outlet.

It’s is that simple.

I understand why people should justify why they don't take to a certain City player.

For me, you have sugar-coated it to the extent because we all know Pep and a lot of Blues consider him a top player.

I don't consider him any better than Javi Garcia or Fernando in many aspects, which is criminal for the money we paid.

Perhaps it was because I was simply under the misapprehension he was Fern's long-term replacement?

He's not fit enough to wipe his arse at 36, never mind a peak Fern.

But who is, that's the real problem?

Sometimes I look at Rodders and think there is something great waiting to burst from its box, certainly when I saw him maul Burnley away the season before last.

That night, even De Jong said it was one of the most complete showings from a defensive midfielder he had seen.

Sadly, it was against Burnley, and we haven't seen much like it since.

Rodri does not have the same weapons available as Fernandinho.The essential elements we need for a dm to succeed are: pace, power, positional awareness, passing ability, reading of the game, composure.

Rodri does have some of those attributes but he is too slow and what is more criminal when he is harassed by faster players he does not lift his head but either gets caught with the ball or continues to put pressure on the defence by passing back and not offering an outlet.

It’s is that simple.
Again this proves my point. Rodri can't win when he's being compared to this mythical version of Fernandinho that never has done anything wrong ever.

It's a shame that so many City players are underappreciated by City fans.

I'm only upto page 918 but it seems players are begging to leave the most successful club over the last 10/12 years...fucking hell imagine what it must be like at the swamp.

We only hear of Pogba being hawked around....

So we get rid of fernandinho and rodri because they weren't good enough for the CL final. Thats your solution?
No we keep Fern to help the new DM settle for a season. Hopefully use Rodri as a make way. I think Rodri is a fantastic footballer and he genuinely seems a decent person but during the big games against top midfielders he is more than likely the weak link in the team.

I won’t complain if he is still playing for city next season but his limitations will still exist. If for example we play United, Spurs, chavs, pool with Rodri in midfield without a Foden/Bernardo/Grealish we will be overrun and chasing the game. I added jack because he is exactly the combative player needed to compliment Rodri. Surround him with pace and grit or replace.

I understand why people should justify why they don't take to a certain City player.

For me, you have sugar-coated it to the extent because we all know Pep and a lot of Blues consider him a top player.

I don't consider him any better than Javi Garcia or Fernando in many aspects, which is criminal for the money we paid.

Perhaps it was because I was under the misapprehension he was Fern's long-term replacement?

Have to agree. Rodri is nowhere near the calibre of Fernandinho, We made a mistake signing him. When a 36 year old is starting ahead of you in a Champions League Semi Final says it all really.
I don't think we will get anywhere near the money we paid for him of we sell him on even though he is still young.
Finding Fernandinho replacement is one of Txiki biggest tasks since being at MCFC.

Any news on Kane or Grealish Tolm?

Again this proves my point. Rodri can't win when he's being compared to this mythical version of Fernandinho that never has done anything wrong ever.

It's a shame that so many City players are underappreciated by City fans.

Its another one of those situations when you have to wonder what made Guardiola buy a defensive midfielder with no qualities whatsoever and then play him 100 times in 2 seasons (winning 4 trophies)

Particular defensive midfield, the position Pep played himself, and the position he has made the cornerstone of his sides, promoting a novice Busquets because he could see the qualities he had and moving Lahm into midfield because he could see the qualities he had and that he'd suit the role.

And yet apparently it all completely deserted him and he now plays someone with none of the required skills to be a defensive midfielder.

Perhaps it was because I was simply under the misapprehension he was Fern's long-term replacement?

The thing is these guys need to play themselves into form, and then kick on to the next level. I doubt the majority of city fans had heard of fernandinho when he was 25.
The cream will rise to the top but they need to learn their trade on the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.