It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were worried about Laporte’s knee going again after a long injury absence and so wanted a left sided insurance policy. And also nobody foresaw Stonesy’s renaissance. I think Ake is our most expendable player now for various reasons

Even more pertinent, nobody foresaw Dias could play just as easily on the left as on the right, if not better!!

Dias was Stones' replacement, to partner Laporte.

Laporte didn't cover himself in glory when they paired together in the loss against Spurs and the King of the North, John Stones, decided to come back from the dead.

Nonsense our title aspirations don’t depend on Kane , if not Kane we’ll get somebody else, we didn’t get away with the league, we were the best team.

Not just Kane, any top striker, so basically him or Haaland out of those realistically available. Maybe Lukaku as a last resort, certainly better than no striker at all.

We are the best team, right up to the part where it comes to someone reliably able to put away the myriad chances we create but fuck up in so many games.With rivals sure to strengthen we can’t rely on others being shit or square pegs in round holes for another season.

Erm, LaPorte can play on the right - he played there for Spain in their last game.

He's not good enough on the right to cover for Stones or Dias.

Laporte being on the right was absolutely terrible for Spain. Izzy Christiansen was on the radio commentary and she noticed it within 5 minutes, he simply refused to play the ball to the right, constantly using his strong foot to play the ball in side. Once it was pointed out it was impossible to miss, and it was painful to watch.

As a result, Spains 2 form players, Llorente and Ferran Torres on the right side of the pitch were completely starved of quick ball they could actually use to break Sweden down.

I would not be surprised at all if Garcia is lining up RCB in the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.