It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate as well! Would love Messi here but it would be a short term thinking plan? De Bruyne and Gundogan are now into their 30’s and tend to pick up injuries anyway and probably more muscle injuries as they get older? Messi need to be a deal completely separate from the summer deals we had planned if the situation arises to sign him?

Our squad is really well balanced. We have Ederson, Stones, Laporte, Ake, Rodri, Sterling, Bernardo, Foden, Torres, Jesus, Dias, Zinchenko all 21-26.

Plenty of young kids around as well.

It would be perfectly fine to only buy Messi this summer if that was the only option (which its not)

Plenty of windows to line up their replacements and Mahrez's and Walkers.

Our squad is really well balanced. We have Ederson, Stones, Laporte, Ake, Rodri, Sterling, Bernardo, Foden, Torres, Jesus, Dias, Zinchenko all 21-26.

Plenty of young kids around as well.

It would be perfectly fine to only buy Messi this summer if that was the only option (which its not)

Plenty of windows to line up their replacements and Mahrez's and Walkers.
Agree with this completely, we are finally reaching the point where we have genuine quality ready to start the move up from the Academy at the same time as older players are nearing the end of their time at City.

Just reading through the last few pages of the thread, it's been stated a few times that we only have one place available unless we sell. I'm just trying to get my head round that as I make it we have 15 none home grown players of the premier league quota of 17, so two spaces there and then we have 5 home grown players of the premier league quota of 8, so 3 available there. I may have got this wrong but can anyone confirm this ... cheers

Having read the updates from TH Im excited/enthralled as the next fan about the potential of what might happen with Messi.
However I think we need to urge caution.
While I dont for a second doubt TH or his info and never have we need to remember:

1. TH said that (and Im paraphrasing here) that he has never known staff at CFG so excited before...and it certainly cant be about Kane - well there is the possibility it is about Kane....maybe he is our no.1 transfer target and the staff at CFG are getting giddy about that.....their giddiness might not be about Messi at all but about some other player.

2. IF we are in for Messi again and have hope then remember that things can go sideways in ANY transfer at the drop of a hat. Genuine targets/strong possibilties can change very quickly in the transfer window to absolute no hopes (and vice versa) - IF it is about Messi there is a long way to go and the Barca politics/media bullshit attempts to derail everything along with the inevitable backlash from other clubs in an attempt to derail everything as well - all of this will have to be navigated.

Having said all that.....

FUCK I HOPE ITS ON.......COME ON LIONEL LAD, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

Just reading through the last few pages of the thread, it's been stated a few times that we only have one place available unless we sell. I'm just trying to get my head round that as I make it we have 15 none home grown players of the premier league quota of 17, so two spaces there and then we have 5 home grown players of the premier league quota of 8, so 3 available there. I may have got this wrong but can anyone confirm this ... cheers
Not for the champions league and the squad will be configured to C/L quotas. So we have 1 space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.