It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to be a weird transfer window. Very slow and probably not a great deal of activity. The traditional big money transfer clubs have no money. COVID has fucked most others. Everyone is looking at these funky little swap deals of a way of combating there awful financial situation. The knock on is that some clubs are asking for outlandish prices. I’m hoping city are biding their time waiting for a few other clubs to make their moves to see what the market is like then swoop in and do a few deals.

I see us as that lion on one of those David Attenborough documentaries prowling around on the periphery looking at it’s prey and only striking when the time is absolutely right to get the best pickings.

So yes I am slightly worried, history shows we won't match our rivals when it comes to the big players, be that Hazard/ Jorginho (agent fee), Sanchez (wages) or the actual transfer fee with VVD. So forgive me for not wanting Haaland to rock up at Chelsea and help them to dominate for the forseeble future and us be stuck with a squad player addition in Grealish (see Jack Roswell) and be priced out of signing Arry Kane
Name‘s alien to me.

So yes I am slightly worried, history shows we won't match our rivals when it comes to the big players, be that Hazard/ Jorginho (agent fee), Sanchez (wages) or the actual transfer fee with VVD. So forgive me for not wanting Haaland to rock up at Chelsea and help them to dominate for the forseeble future and us be stuck with a squad player addition in Grealish (see Jack Roswell) and be priced out of signing Arry Kane
1626762632751.jpeg
He’s out of this world.

It’s going to be a weird transfer window. Very slow and probably not a great deal of activity. The traditional big money transfer clubs have no money. COVID has fucked most others. Everyone is looking at these funky little swap deals of a way of combating there awful financial situation. The knock on is that some clubs are asking for outlandish prices. I’m hoping city are biding their time waiting for a few other clubs to make their moves to see what the market is like then swoop in and do a few deals.

I see us as that lion on one of those David Attenborough documentaries prowling around on the periphery looking at it’s prey and only striking when the time is absolutely right to get the best pickings.
I hope your right and we don't end up the lion eaten by the hyenas with only audio for reference

I’m sure it will be fine mate and it will work itself out. I think half the problem is as well is the lack of world class forwards out there. It may just be me but there seems a real lack of quality out there compared to say 10 years ago. Haaland/mbappe then who else. Certainly not lukaku or Adrien Silva. Kane is the obvious one but i still don’t think he will be the answer.

Massively off topic here but has the quality of footballer gone down a bit. Compare the squads from the Euros and copa America now and six seven years ago and the gulf in class is like a chasm.

Lets hope Ramos and Varane leaving Real will not mean an offer and a saga for Laporte who would be promised fixed starting position by Ancelotti.

Lets hope Ramos and Varane leaving Real will not mean an offer and a saga for Laporte who would be promised fixed starting position by Ancelotti.
I think it's almost a certainty that Laporte will be pushing for a move to Spain with his new nationality and being out of favour as aour first choice centre back. Luckliy Barca don't have a pot to piss in, not that this will stop them, but we better not get lured into a shitty swap deal for one of the Madrid or Barca offcasts. Perhaps Laporte should be converted to that World class left back we need.
Breaking news, Laporte seals deal to Barcelona in swap deal bringing Eric Garcia back to the Etihad

Last edited:
So rather than debate or realise we had some flaws last season and concerns about our transfer policy it's time to throw insults. It's not about flapping, the point was that we're not as far ahead of our rivals as some care to believe hence the questioning why some people are so blasé, don't respect our opponents and have no concern about our transfer business?

Surely it's reasonable to be worried that say for example Chelsea land Haaland and we get left behind by our rivals. The players we've been linked with (if the polls and discussion threads are to be used as a benchmark) split the fans 50/50 and the rumoured outgoings (Bernardo, Jesus, Laporte and Cancelo) make our team weaker and provide very little financial reimbursement if we are to believe the rumours on here and in the media.

I love our owners / management team and am extremely thankful but I done believe they are as ruthless as those at Chelsea or rags when it comes to securing top Totti
Couple of things
1. Your concerned over rumours and hearsay, worry about facts

2. Fans opinions of players will always be a mixed bag, so wouldn't fret over that.

3. Rivals have to catch up before they can go ahead. Let's see where we are towards Aug.

4. You keep mentioning Haaland as if to say whoever gets him will be fav. This is nonsense.

No insults there, just an honest view of your post.

City will not sign any player for the first team before the Leicester game on 9th of August. This is coming from the very top.
Then we will leak to press we have too little time to complete big transfers in only 3 weeks time and we sign no one. :(

If you were a new poster you'd get absolutely roasted for a comment like this but I think people are either desensitised to your monotonous attention seeking or they simply added you to their ignore list a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.