It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
City offer to pay the release clause, Grealish tells them he wants to join us, Villa see if anyone else (probably United) will pay more. Was it that hard to work out?

The release clause doesn't need to have a been a set sale price.

They were also under the impression that the clause was secret and wanted to try to delay their response to the bid until after its expiry date.

If their intention was to make us look bad, they could have done a better job than an article showing that Grealish exclusively wanting to join us.
The whole notion they have that an article or a news organization is ALWAYS trying to paint someone in a bad light is embarrassing to me as a journalist who has worked in organizations accused of that. It doesn’t work like that inside newsrooms and journalists don’t go around just following orders and executing an agenda. But anyone can believe what they want, it’s exhausting to stop them

From the article:

The Athletic notes that Aston Villa 'preferred' not to do business with Manchester City, as they felt reluctant to strengthen City’s squad, while it is also claimed that Villa are among 'many' Premier League clubs who are 'concerned their success and financial clout are damaging the competition'.
& City are guilty of FFP breaches & are CAS definitely won’t overturn it

Regardless of a press article being true or not, your original point was that PL clubs won’t deal with us in good faith. You’ve not said anything which backs up that statement fella

Villa didn’t act in bad faith & neither did Spurs. Show me where either acted in bad faith & I’ll 100% agree with you

Last edited:
The whole notion they have that an article or a news organization is ALWAYS trying to paint someone in a bad light is embarrassing to me as a journalist who has worked in organizations accused of that. It doesn’t work like that inside newsrooms and journalists don’t go around just following orders and executing an agenda. But anyone can believe what they want, it’s exhausting to stop them

People will decide whether a journalist/ source/ article is truthful depending on whether they want it to be or not, nothing more. It's unfortunate but the former US president even turned it into a catchphrase.

There are plenty of examples of people in the media being clearly anti-City but there's a persecution complex lingering over a lot of the fan base and it gets very silly.

I’m struggling to believe you are a journalist if you think specific newspapers don’t have an agenda. Very strange comment from a journalist

From the article:

The Athletic notes that Aston Villa 'preferred' not to do business with Manchester City, as they felt reluctant to strengthen City’s squad, while it is also claimed that Villa are among 'many' Premier League clubs who are 'concerned their success and financial clout are damaging the competition'.
I find it more interesting that they didn't find Utd's 'financial clout and success' damaging.....Oh wait...sorry, I see where I went wrong

Thank you for all the kind messages of support since yesterday.

That's me back home and so happy to say they found nothing sinister and the staff were brilliant putting me at ease and dismissing any embarrassment.

Might have to knock gluten and certain foods on the head to try and ease my stomach pains.

As others said, the drinking of the Movi prep 24 hours is really tough going, certainly compared to the procedure.

Cheers Blues. My family have been worried sick.

Regardless of a press article being true or not, your original point was that PL clubs won’t deal with us in good faith. You’ve not said anything which backs up that statement fella

Levy didn’t act in bad faith & neither did Spurs. Show me where either acted in bad faith & I’ll 100% agree with you
I didn’t say all PL clubs, I said many of them. It seems clear to me they don’t like our success and are afraid of domination, which they would see as bad for the league looking at other leagues. And my point wasn’t even this, but that it would be easier to find our targets in other leagues.

My observation of Levy’s behavior comes from the months we spent watching what he kept leaking to the media and his mouthpieces and the narrative he wanted to create. I do not believe it was simply a situation of not meeting an evaluation. Of course, do I have the receipts to back it up? No, I’m not working on this. It’s just experienced speculation like people do here all day. No need to get worked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.