It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name ideas for next thread @tolmie's hairdoo
It’s Quiet Thread 16 - Txiki’s Norwegian Blue

Substitute “parrot” with “transfer” in the above sketch and you get a brief synopsis of what will be @tolmie's hairdoo next transfer thread with contributions ranging from the thoughtful and considered to bizarre and ridiculous.

The emotions and madness of the Transfer forum - essential viewing and I love it.

Last edited:
Still there. I'd guess. Not going to !50 mill on Kane doesn't mean it wasn't there just we didn't want to spend it on him. In as much as it exists as a thing anyway as it's amortised numbers anyway.

I think Pep drove the pursuit of Kane and I’m not sure the club’s hierarchy were quite as committed- hence the valuation of circa 120/130m. Maybe Pep would have gone to 150m plus but others didn’t agree - who knows. I think maybe the Levy valuation made the club reflect on what else they could spend 150m on. I’m personally don’t think we’ll get Harland but maybe just maybe the club thought at some point - why pay x for Kane if that puts us into the range of Haaland. All speculation on my part but something was going on this summer.

I am not sure how Chelsea have improved 'immeasurably'. For some reason, the things we do are often demeaned by some of our own fans while the 'achievements' of others are massively overstated, though I agree with much of your post.

Maybe on Lukaku improves the first 11 but you have to think their squad depth is much better.

Maybe on Lukaku improves the first 11 but you have to think their squad depth is much better.
Not at all. I think they have an excellent squad and are one of the favourites for the league but not a better squad than us, no.

Just an idea, but read that Haalands clause increases to 90 mil if he fulfils objectives this season but that only happens next summer after the season. So in January it’s still the original number maybe thats why city would go for him in January rather than the summer.

I fully agree, a team is improved with players

Who is the back striker in your opinion? I agree with you but we don't have the details unless if the club publicly talk about the subject
By experience buying just for the sack of buying doesn't work. I remember when Bony was bought, how some fans where over the moon and some journos writing about the greatestness of bony and how he is going to transform the team.
Football players are like show jumping horses, sometimes it is a lottery, you can have a good one, but he is not adapted to your riding (in football case, the tactics, personality, wages and the coach)

My point is that they identified the need for a striker and then they singled out Kane as the only option they wanted (not entering for other opportunities etc). You should only do that if you are sure you can get the player, particularly in a window where Messi, Ronaldo, Lukaku etc all move.

I get what you are saying regarding players...but Pep adapted to having no striker by having an adapted false 9 with inverted fullbacks. An out and out 9 would have required a change in tactics, even a 9.5 like Kane would have and Pep is the best at doing that.

Just an idea, but read that Haalands clause increases to 90 mil if he fulfils objectives this season but that only happens next summer after the season. So in January it’s still the original number maybe thats why city would go for him in January rather than the summer.
€15m difference is unlikely to break our bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.