It's Sn(eye)der not Scchhneider

And the Portuguese 'o' too. It's Ronald-oo(as in 'moo'), and not Ronald-oh(as in Homer Simpsons' "doh"). Must suck for those Brazilians/Portuguese players whose names are constantly pronounced like they're Spanish players.

But then again, maybe it's a natural way of pronunciation as we're English speakers. Not to go off topic, but what do you guys think, that it's better to pronounce a player's name as the native speakers?

sjsctid said:
This seriously annoys the hell out of me!!

If it was a daily conversation between an average joe, then fine. .but when commentators get it wrong it is just a joke. Surely a part of there JOB is to pronounce the name correctly, when millions of people are tuning in, listening. It is pure laziness, because it is so easily researched!

The Latest one is Casillas, pronouncing it as CASS I ASS. Come on, how long has he been about now, sort it out.

At the risk of being clarkied, that's the correct Spanish pronunciation of his name...

manseenee is terrible, vanson kompanee sounds too smarty-pants, micker richards is totally wrong, awheroo ? clichay? zabayetta? too many to worry about, lots of others to HONE in on

Mrmcfc said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Jonathan Pearce pissed me off last night pronouncing Klose as though it had an umlaut. It's pronounced like 'closer' not 'clerser' you dumb shit!

My fucking god that was annoying.
Needs to get back to robot wars.

Have your heard his pronunciation of Kallstrom of Sweden ?? "Shallschtrom"
Sir Killabot should have ripped his wanky face off.

Wiggum22 said:
Sir Killabot should have ripped his wanky face off.

I hate it when people spell and pronounce the names of professional robots wrongly. He's Sir KillaLOT for goodness sakes. I hope you never get a job commentating on games between badly made remote control dustpans, frankly you're a disgrace.

i♥city! said:
David Villa pronounced as Davide VIYA
but veeya is right, the spanish way of saying it, if your going to say david villa with the L's then you may as well say david as in david beckham not david as in david silva

It's odd in English football, but our commentators tend to use the correct pronunciation when it suits them. For example, the Spanish pronunciation on David Villa is Dabeed Veeya, our commentators say the Villa part correctly, but not David. Surely then if we pronounce it Veeya, we should pronounce Aguero 'A-where-o' but we don't.

Not a criticism, just an observation, the guy on the OS who tries to pronounce everything correctly sounds like a dick. It actually ruins all the fantastic highlights on there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.