It's Sn(eye)der not Scchhneider

Blue>Red said:
i♥city! said:
David Villa pronounced as Davide VIYA
but veeya is right, the spanish way of saying it, if your going to say david villa with the L's then you may as well say david as in david beckham not david as in david silva
It's Beeya.

V's in Spanish are B's. Double L's are Y's.

Our Dave's surname should be pronounced Silba.

danburge82 said:
Goo said:
I think "YaYa" is probably the most annoying of frequently mistyped names on this forum. Why on earth would it require two capital Y's?!
And why do people call him Yah Yah like some posh fucker agreeing with someone. It's Yaya, like Kaka and Mama and Papa; not like 'I live FAR FAR away'
Actually, Yahya is the correct spelling and pronounciation

danburge82 said:
Blue>Red said:
i♥city! said:
David Villa pronounced as Davide VIYA
but veeya is right, the spanish way of saying it, if your going to say david villa with the L's then you may as well say david as in david beckham not david as in david silva
It's Beeya.

So its Bictor Baldes and not Victor Valdes ??

Wiggum22 said:
Mrmcfc said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Jonathan Pearce pissed me off last night pronouncing Klose as though it had an umlaut. It's pronounced like 'closer' not 'clerser' you dumb shit!

My fucking god that was annoying.
Needs to get back to robot wars.

Have your heard his pronunciation of Kallstrom of Sweden ?? "Shallschtrom"
Sir Killabot should have ripped his wanky face off.

that's correct. swedish pronunciation doesn't always follow english pronunciation. hence sven 'yuran' eriksson.

Another one that gets me is 'Lorente' rather than the actual 'Yorente' for Llorente

i♥city! said:
danburge82 said:
Blue>Red said:
It's Beeya.

yeah i knew that, but thats because they dont have a 'v' sound at all, we'd sound like dicks if we said bictor baldes is getting a transfer to balenthia.

i think the most accepted way should just be used, im now contradicting myself......meh

Blue>Red said:
i♥city! said:
danburge82 said:
It's Beeya.

yeah i knew that, but thats because they dont have a 'v' sound at all, we'd sound like dicks if we said bictor baldes is getting a transfer to balenthia.

i think the most accepted way should just be used, im now contradicting myself......meh

I'm still laughing at that. :)

Pride_In_Battle said:
sjsctid said:
This seriously annoys the hell out of me!!

If it was a daily conversation between an average joe, then fine. .but when commentators get it wrong it is just a joke. Surely a part of there JOB is to pronounce the name correctly, when millions of people are tuning in, listening. It is pure laziness, because it is so easily researched!

The Latest one is Casillas, pronouncing it as CASS I ASS. Come on, how long has he been about now, sort it out.

At the risk of being clarkied, that's the correct Spanish pronunciation of his name...

No its not.

Recently they have been putting the emphasis on the the 1st syllable rather than the second and it sounds ridiculous.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:31 pm --<br /><br />
Blue>Red said:
i♥city! said:
danburge82 said:
It's Beeya.

I think a lot of you are missing the fact that in Spanish the v and b sound are almost identical and nowhere near as pronounced as the respective letters in our alphabet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.