It's started already

Wiggum22 said:
As a red I'd just like to respond to all of those 'anti-climax' posters...
Should United go on and clinch the league title, I shall celebrate it as fiercely as I did the first one I witnessed in my lifetime. ( Back in '93, after a 26 year wait ). It will in no way be an anti-climax to me and many other fellow reds.

As for never ever feeling the way you blues did last May. I'm pretty sure being in the Nou Camp in '99 ( clinching the European Cup and the final leg of the treble ) and the Luzhniki '08 ( when it all looked over until the Big Man slipped ) gave me a similar buzz.

Granted, the way you won the league last season was exceptional and will have been a great high for you all !

I doubt it did to be honest. taking the title in the last kick of the game when you mongs were celebrating the title will never be beaten. your experience of the nou camp is like ours at Wembley v Gillingham, last may is on a completely different scale to anything anyone has seen in football. I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again.

Wiggum22 said:
Should United go on and clinch the league title, I shall celebrate it as fiercely as I did the first one I witnessed in my lifetime. ( Back in '93, after a 26 year wait ). It will in no way be an anti-climax to me and many other fellow reds.

As for never ever feeling the way you blues did last May. I'm pretty sure being in the Nou Camp in '99 ( clinching the European Cup and the final leg of the treble ) and the Luzhniki '08 ( when it all looked over until the Big Man slipped ) gave me a similar buzz.

Granted, the way you won the league last season was exceptional and will have been a great high for you all !

no offence like but fuck off you rag scum

Wiggum22 said:

Why are you infesting this forum?

I put something on Facebook goin along the lines of being in comfort that they won't win it the way we did last season and how this boring , below par season still won't be enough to heel those wounds from last season. As proved on here ,and on my Facebook, it really seems to hit a nerve with them and get them biting . I had similar shit about 99 but came back with more until they accepted defeat . Last season still hurts them bad .id rather them win it by 20 points than go through what they went through last season .

baldybouncer said:
Wiggum22 said:

Why are you infesting this forum?
He is as entitled to post here as you and I.

He is, of course, wrong. I don't expect him to admit it, especially to himself no matter what, but I speak with some authority on this, being the only blue in a family of reds.

Having fallen as low as we did, where the concept of us being in the top flight, never mind winning it, was an abstract concept, and that fall from grace being mocked by those that experienced the Nou Camp, it is difficult to see how anything can even begin to compare with us winning the league and how we achieved it.

Redemption, vindication and triumph all chrystallised into one immortal moment.

united don't even live in the same country as Bayern Munich. They don't (or their real fans at least) consider Chelsea to be a proper rival.

Losing to us, local rivals. A club they considered a joke for the last 30 years, in the manner they did, is something they will never properly come to terms with.

I realise that fact every time I mention May 13th and look in my any of family's eyes. The pain will never fully leave them.

Protest all you want, Wiggum22. I've looked into the soul of your supporters and I've seen the truth with my own eyes and its a beautiful thing.

Wiggum22 said:
I'm pretty sure being in the Nou Camp in '99 ( clinching the European Cup and the final leg of the treble ) and the Luzhniki '08 ( when it all looked over until the Big Man slipped ) gave me a similar buzz!

And therein lies your problem. You just don't get it and perhaps you never will.

If you we're offered a Club reversal for May 2012 (ie YOU did that to US) vs not winning in 99 would you take it I wonder?

MotownBlue said:
I have just found out...

The brewpub I am the brewmaster at has been contacted by the Detroit area United Supporters Club. They want to rent our place out on Monday, 22nd April so all 150 of them watch the Aston Villa match. I suppose they think they'll be wrapping up their title by then so they want someplace to go and celebrate together. Don't get me wrong, our pub will make a pretty penny that day and they will all be gone early in the evening and then we will open back up to the public, but I just can't yet get my head 'round the fact that, although I live halfway around the sodding world from Old Trafford, somehow the universe has found a way to torture me with their presence as they win #20.

At first, I was thinking I would wear my 2012 Champions shirt on that day, but I just can't see having to deal with 150 of them for 5 hours by myself. Don't get me wrong, in some way I intend to let the fuckers know I'm CTID. There is no way in hell I am going to stand there in silence for all 5 hours as they graze around mooing like so many cows over their title.

Fair play to them, they will have won it fair and square, but it just turns my stomach

I am looking toward this event with a heavy heart. Me by my lonesome with 150 of those pigs cheering as they drink my beer.

Ummmmmm, seriously, what I would do is play dumb American. When the game kicks off ask why the Manchester team isn't in blue? When they respond its united not City point out you didn't realise Manchester had a second team. Ask them if united is like the Mets to City being the Yankees. That should get them going.

NickGw2 said:
MotownBlue said:
I have just found out...

The brewpub I am the brewmaster at has been contacted by the Detroit area United Supporters Club. They want to rent our place out on Monday, 22nd April so all 150 of them watch the Aston Villa match. I suppose they think they'll be wrapping up their title by then so they want someplace to go and celebrate together. Don't get me wrong, our pub will make a pretty penny that day and they will all be gone early in the evening and then we will open back up to the public, but I just can't yet get my head 'round the fact that, although I live halfway around the sodding world from Old Trafford, somehow the universe has found a way to torture me with their presence as they win #20.

At first, I was thinking I would wear my 2012 Champions shirt on that day, but I just can't see having to deal with 150 of them for 5 hours by myself. Don't get me wrong, in some way I intend to let the fuckers know I'm CTID. There is no way in hell I am going to stand there in silence for all 5 hours as they graze around mooing like so many cows over their title.

Fair play to them, they will have won it fair and square, but it just turns my stomach

I am looking toward this event with a heavy heart. Me by my lonesome with 150 of those pigs cheering as they drink my beer.

Ummmmmm, seriously, what I would do is play dumb American. When the game kicks off ask why the Manchester team isn't in blue? When they respond its united not City point out you didn't realise Manchester had a second team. Ask them if united is like the Mets to City being the Yankees. That should get them going.

BEST SUGGESTION YET!

Seriously, this is brilliant.Maybe I'll just say:

"That's odd. I could have sworn I have been told that the team in that league which represents the city of Manchester wears blue".

Wiggum22 said:

Me thinks you be lying.

But.... "It's maybe isn't what you have lost, maybe not even the manner in which you lost it, but it's who you lost it to".

Still fucking hurts to this day doesn't it?

I really doubt any fan could ever experience the high we had last season, for so man reasons, but next time I want us to do it the way Utd have done this season - by 15 points. Before the finish to the QPR game came pressure and the nerves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.