Its the wum speaking here............

Giles said:
bluejase said:
this. For some reason I just don't see Arsenal as a traditional football club. Their fans don't seem proper in a way. Can't really put my finger on it.

Jase, mate, this is madness. I live down in Islington and Arsenal, for me, are THE London team. They're a proper traditional football club. Two words - Herbert Chapman. And how long is it since they were relegated to the second tier of English football? About 50 years?

As a Manc exiled in London, I think the word the original poster is looking for is "aloof".

Project said:
Giles said:
Jase, mate, this is madness. I live down in Islington and Arsenal, for me, are THE London team. They're a proper traditional football club. Two words - Herbert Chapman. And how long is it since they were relegated to the second tier of English football? About 50 years?

As a Manc exiled in London, I think the word the original poster is looking for is "aloof".
Most of my mates who moved down to London now hate them as much as the rags. Apparently they carry the same air of arrogance as our neighbours from Stretford.

Dubai Blue said:
Project said:
Most of my mates who moved down to London now hate them as much as the rags. Apparently they carry the same air of arrogance as our neighbours from Stretford.

Not the ones I know. Mind you the ones I know are old school, 40-plus guys who've been fans for 35-odd years. As we know from our own experience on here, it's the kids that get arrogant and stupid. Just wait, we'll have a rep for being arrogant in a few years' time and it won't be because of the old school fans - it'll be because of the new boys. It's already started to happen.

Giles said:
Dubai Blue said:

Not the ones I know. Mind you the ones I know are old school, 40-plus guys who've been fans for 35-odd years. As we know from our own experience on here, it's the kids that get arrogant and stupid. Just wait, we'll have a rep for being arrogant in a few years' time and it won't be because of the old school fans - it'll be because of the new boys. It's already started to happen.

I'm 21 and I can already see it happening. But I wouldn't say it's just kids, there are a few older people at it aswell, it's a shame really.

Giles said:
Dubai Blue said:

Unfortunately I fear this is the sad truth mate - you can seed the mindless arrogance rearing its head already - the Rag/Sky 4 attitude is evident in the kind of comments you hear some of our fans coming out with this summer, and its sad to see it amongst fellow Blues

OB1 said:
Giles said:

Aren't Arsenal the only club never to have been out of the top flight. I have no sort of affinity for them or their fans but they are a grand old club, certainly got loads of tradition and are also one of the better examples of how to run a club. One of the grandees of the English game but hopefully about to be pushed aside by the phoenix like rise of another of the games great clubs.

Agreed OB1. I've got no great gripe with the Arse, and they are a proper football club with a great record; apart from the trophies they are the ONLY club never to have been relegated from the top division - alright, Hull may hold the same record as of now, but then they've only been in it one year;0)

When I worked in London, I used to watch them (in the 1960s). Good fans, good football, mid-table level. Of the more recent more successful sides I preferred the Graham sides (tough fighters) to the Wenger posers though!

Don't forget one of their most successful players post-war, and their captain, was our very own Joe Mercer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.