Ivan Toney

maybe they do but can they do 40m plus 300k a week

Look at some of the shite they have bought?The wages of Kai Havertz, Saka, and Rice are on a par with Toney's demands.

Don't get me wrong he could flop mate or get caught up in another betting scandal, so is football.

That isn't to say Toney is an outstanding individual. I don't know. And frankly, most/all of you don't either.

There’s no reason why we shouldn’t know. He has hardly been very secretive about exactly who he is. Anyone who’s been paying attention to his behaviour over the last two years has more than enough facts to come to the conclusion that he’s an arsehole if they want to.

These aren’t just whispers and rumours about his attitude behind the doors, he’s put it all out in the open. RE the gambling ban, he clearly doesn’t feel he did anything wrong except get caught - so I don’t think any club should trust that he won’t do it again.

There’s no reason why we shouldn’t know. He has hardly been very secretive about exactly who he is. Anyone who’s been paying attention to his behaviour over the last two years has more than enough facts to come to the conclusion that he’s an arsehole if they want to.

These aren’t just whispers and rumours about his attitude behind the doors, he’s put it all out in the open. RE the gambling ban, he clearly doesn’t feel he did anything wrong except get caught - so I don’t think any club should trust that he won’t do it again.
That's fair. Has he been in a gambling treatment program? Does the league or FA provide such a thing?

I do know he's served his punishment. I also know there are Blues here who, by their own admission were all expenses paid guests at one of Her Majesty's grey bar hotels. They have also served their punishment. Do we automatically assume they are wrong uns and will just go back to what they did before? Some may, some may not. Do you automatically judge them all as being a bad person?

Let me be clear, I am not advocating we sign him. Nor am I saying, we should not. I trust the club will do their due diligence on him and his personality. I would think you know clubs, well good clubs, do not just sign players on a whim. They do their research, interview the players, etc.

My point was none of us really know anything more than what we see in the press, etc. Oh yeah, the same press we never trust in any other situation.

That's fair. Has he been in a gambling treatment program? Does the league or FA provide such a thing?

I do know he's served his punishment. I also know there are Blues here who, by their own admission were all expenses paid guests at one of Her Majesty's grey bar hotels. They have also served their punishment. Do we automatically assume they are wrong uns and will just go back to what they did before? Some may, some may not. Do you automatically judge them all as being a bad person?

Let me be clear, I am not advocating we sign him. Nor am I saying, we should not. I trust the club will do their due diligence on him and his personality. I would think you know clubs, well good clubs, do not just sign players on a whim. They do their research, interview the players, etc.

My point was none of us really know anything more than what we see in the press, etc. Oh yeah, the same press we never trust in any other situation.

Good points, can we assume that most people wont get jobs back in the industry they stole or committed a crime from?

Don't you get the feeling that some players genuinely don't give a fuck? Is Ivan one of those players and which club is going to take a chance on him?

Good points, can we assume that most people wont get jobs back in the industry they stole or committed a crime from?

Don't you get the feeling that some players genuinely don't give a fuck? Is Ivan one of those players and which club is going to take a chance on him?
He may not give a fuck. Some people, unfortunately, are like that. I'm not a mental health professional or a scientist. The way I explain it is some people don't have "the switch" in their brain that most have to tell them, "this is wrong."

He may be an absolute dickhead. He certainly doesn't help himself at times. I just don't know. If the club had any more interest than, "What about Ivan Toney?" I trust they will have looked into him.

I make no judgements at all about his gambling, but plenty of issues about the way he behaved after being charged and the way he’s spoken about it since. He sees himself as a victim in the whole situation.

The more important thing for me is how he talks about Brentford, like they are lucky to have him and he’s above their mid-table dross. Seems incredibly disrespectful given that they stood by him throughout the ban when most clubs wouldn’t. And are still standing by him after he was absolutely dreadful pretty much since the moment his ban expired.

Like I say, my thoughts on him come from his conduct out in the open, not from rumours like most players who are reported to have a bad attitude. I’d be amazed if City wanted him.

He may not give a fuck. Some people, unfortunately, are like that. I'm not a mental health professional or a scientist. The way I explain it is some people don't have "the switch" in their brain that most have to tell them, "this is wrong."

He may be an absolute dickhead. He certainly doesn't help himself at times. I just don't know. If the club had any more interest than, "What about Ivan Toney?" I trust they will have looked into him.

FWIW I would take a chance on him, he could be a goals monster at a big club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.