I've become a part time plane spotter

My first trip to New York in the mid-60s on a chartered CL-44 Prop. The aircraft had a tail section that swung open for loading cargo. During the flight you could see daylight through the floor. The travel firm I worked for chartered the plane and we charged £59 return.
images

I've been on a stand next to a prop job antanov the it shook the fucking world, I've worked on a few big planes and have never experienced anything like it

About midnight one night last year one went over my house near Bury out of liverpool. Even at altitude the noise was mental.

My first trip to New York in the mid-60s on a chartered CL-44 Prop. The aircraft had a tail section that swung open for loading cargo. During the flight you could see daylight through the floor. The travel firm I worked for chartered the plane and we charged £59 return.
images

Remember seeing those coming into Ringway in late 70s early 80s. Tradewinds and Transmeridian were the operators back then. Miss the old prop jobs.

I've got flightradar and am always on it. Where I live you get the Heathrow transatlantic flights going over at about 30 thousand feet and the Irish and Scottish flights going into London and Europe.
The best plane I love spotting is the Antonov 12, cavok air cargo and you can usually hear it coming from a distance with it's familiar drone sound of its engines.
Love flying and am a massive plane spotter geek nerd.
Last year there were some Antonov flights from Paderborn to Liverpool (Brexit stockpiling apparently). Liverpool Airport had a noise complaint from somewhere near the Thames estuary - presumably a flightradar user.

How the mother funky does a pilot forget to put the wheels down? Good God that's barmy.

Funnt you should say that as I am 99% sure that I was on a plane and they forgot about the landing gear

We were on a flight from Gatwick to St Kitts, via Antigua. We left Antigua and it’s a 15 minute flight to St Kitts - we were about to land, we looked almost level with the cruise ships to me then all of a sudden. Woosh! Straight back up, arrow straight

We then circled for 15/20 mins heard the landing gear come down and we landed. I don’t remember it coming up from the first attempt. The pilot put it down to ‘technical issue’

It was only 18 months but was a seemingly old BA plane. Ash trays still in the seats, first class didn’t look much to write home about etc. Maybe they didn’t have the technology to tell them about the landing gear? Who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.