I've become a part time plane spotter

Anybody know what's happened to the Antonov A12s that pass over stockport every once in a while? Not seen any on flightradar for a few weeks now, I'm beginning to think they've been retired from service with them being over 50 years old.
Hope one of our resident pilots can shed some light.

Vigin Atlantic flight VIR 833P is en-route from Manchester to London. Luckily, they turned round when they realised they were above Carlisle. You can't get the staff

Anybody know what's happened to the Antonov A12s that pass over stockport every once in a while? Not seen any on flightradar for a few weeks now, I'm beginning to think they've been retired from service with them being over 50 years old.
Hope one of our resident pilots can shed some light.

I might be wrong but the AN12s were grounded following one going down in the Ukraine.

I saw a con trail yesterday and got quite excited! Then lo and behold a small private single prop flew over this morning. Two spots in as many days!

Vigin Atlantic flight VIR 833P is en-route from Manchester to London. Luckily, they turned round when they realised they were above Carlisle. You can't get the staff
Flying into be decommissioned and then off to the desert to be scrapped as the days of the 747 are numbered ,once Virgin ones are gone the only one to visit Ringway will be freighter dogs .

Flying into be decommissioned and then off to the desert to be scrapped as the days of the 747 are numbered ,once Virgin ones are gone the only one to visit Ringway will be freighter dogs .

Ah right, thanks for the info. There was another one the day before which made the same trip, presumably for the same reason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.