I've become a part time plane spotter

Does anyone know why there are loads of military planes all flying around Europe this morning? Usually just a few scattered around, but hundreds today

I’m in the lakes at the moment and you may see a couple of planes a day go over Windamere on training manoeuvres. Sounds like they are going past every half hour at the moment.

Does anyone know why there are loads of military planes all flying around Europe this morning? Usually just a few scattered around, but hundreds today

I think they will always be there just most have transponders off so wont show on flight trackers. occasionally they turn them on. I think this morning is one of those days.

Could be this
Allied air forces began the largest deployment exercise in NATO’s history on Monday (12 June 2023). Twenty-five nations are taking part in the two-week long “Air Defender” exercise, with around 10,000 personnel and 250 aircraft.

Got a semi chubber, just had four F35's fly over the house I'm building, couldn't have been more than 500 feet off the ground. They flew over the local airport and peeled off one after the other, did a big loop and came by even lower, did a runway touch down each then carried on heading west. First ones I've seen

Got a semi chubber, just had four F35's fly over the house I'm building, couldn't have been more than 500 feet off the ground. They flew over the local airport and peeled off one after the other, did a big loop and came by even lower, did a runway touch down each then carried on heading west. First ones I've seen
I'm looking at about 10 F35's right now..

There is a Nato exercise taking place at the moment with members airforces. I can't remember what it's called, but it's based in Germany.

There is a Nato exercise taking place at the moment with members airforces. I can't remember what it's called, but it's based in Germany.
Air defender,have had B1B screaming out and flying over The Cotwolds for the last three weeks .

Last edited:
The fighters over Germany are causing us a bit of a headache at the moment, I was speaking to a capt on Wednesday about his airport slot, they had been delayed by over an hour, drastically cutting our brew time down may I hasten to add, the pilot was saying there are approx 200 fighters over or around frankfurt, yesterday the Cathy Pacific had a 4 hour slot until it was rerouted because of the fighters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.