I've got a drink problem.

andyhinch said:
pauldominic said:
kenster197 said:
I never said otherwise? and ill work my issues out at some point, soon hoepfully.

You started the thread "Does religion have a place in modern society?" that was pulled for volumes of personal attacks.

I'm not sure whether to believe you anymore.

I've told you what to do and I'm guessing you've ignored me.

It doesn't matter what you believe for this course of action.

Go back to your GP and get a referral to your Mental Health trust.

I had a course of CBT but you might need something different.

Keep it quiet because the BlueMoon wild west will attack and ridicule you.

Your religious parents might also be able to help but I'd also keep quiet about that because the Holy BlueMoon emperor will send you to the coliseum.
You or me cant guess ive been there more than most but confronting it is down to your own demons, and that's working out what the fuck they are in the first place, I'm itk on this

Indeed. My first port of call is always <a class="postlink" href="http://www.get.gg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.get.gg</a>

pauldominic said:
kenster197 said:
andyhinch said:
Right I've probably drunk as much or more than most on here, there's no easy answer you have to work out for yourself why you do it, only you can answere it there's a 100 and 1 reasons each individual

I never said otherwise? and ill work my issues out at some point, soon hoepfully.

You started the thread "Does religion have a place in modern society?" that was pulled for volumes of personal attacks.

Your religious parents might also be able to help but I'd also keep quiet about that because the Holy BlueMoon emperor will send you to the coliseum.

Right - so because the op started a 'religion' thread,you think he may be lying.
You really are some piece of work.
What the fuck does someone starting a thread on a football forum have to do with the illness of addiction?
You have no right whatsoever to 'tell' someone what to do - you can offer your opinion and suggest a course of action,but if the individual concerned chooses to deal with their problem another way,then that is their call.
You support them in their chosen option,and encourage them.
But not you.
You have to throw the dummy out because he didn't do as you suggested.
Pathetic.
I have worked with substance misusers for most of my working life as a social worker,probation officer and substance misuse care coordinator and project manager, and you haven't,yet still you think you know best.
Then you suggest a mental health referral,where it is clearly not appropriate.
Well,not for the op it isn't,and I trust the irony of you of all people suggesting this route is not wasted on the rest of the forum.
And then,to the surprise of no one,the imaginary friend gets a mention.
Frankly,you are the last person on this forum who should be telling others what to do,as you have no experience or background in understanding the motivation,mindset and psychology of an addict.
How on earth do you know if cognitive behavioural therapy is an appropriate treatment option for someone you have never met,when you are neither a trained mental health practitioner or expert in the field of addiction or substance misuse?
It clearly didn't work for you.
Your advice to this poster is ignorant and inaccurate ill-informed nonsense,but then that will surprise pretty much nobody.

Ok, Well I went to the doctors the day after my last post. Given 14 days of "Thiamine" and a longer course of "vitamine B compound strong" tablets. Been referred to an alcohol counselor, (which I'm still waiting to hear from).
So, at the moment I've not had a drink or a cigarette since the 31st of July and don't intend on having either today. Hopefully, I'll hear from the counselor soon. So it's all good for the time being, however the "Nytol" tablets are taking a hammering as sleep is proving to be a challenge.

kenster197 said:
Ok, Well I went to the doctors the day after my last post. Given 14 days of "Thiamine" and a longer course of "vitamine B compound strong" tablets. Been referred to an alcohol counselor, (which I'm still waiting to hear from).
So, at the moment I've not had a drink or a cigarette since the 31st of July and don't intend on having either today. Hopefully, I'll hear from the counselor soon. So it's all good for the time being, however the "Nytol" tablets are taking a hammering as sleep is proving to be a challenge.

Stick at it ,mate, you are doing really well.
The sleeping thing does get easier after awhile.

Kun Aguero said:
kenster197 said:
Between 8 and 10 tennants, fosters or bud evrey night, 7 days a week for a few years now. I;ve got a decent job (which Imdoing but not to the ability I should be). A wife that puts up with it but not sure for how long.
Done the doctors route, hypnosis and councilling. Have absolutely no desire for a drink at 7am or during the day at all but no matter how often I wake up and say no more beer till the weekend or whenever, at around 6 - 7 ish Im off to the shop for a box of beer. Hate myself, ruining my life. Dad had a liver transplant so should know better but still the same everyday. No reason why im putting it on here, no reason not to I guess. Just looking for inspiration or direction I suppose.

That's how I feel/felt not so long ago, I'm not drinking as much(had 12 Fosters on Tuesday) Everyday I would wake up and say "not drinking tonight" but after work(and with staying myself) I'd be down the pub or on here pissed(I would never drink on my own till I joined this.) my dad had a drink problem for years so I grew up with it, my brother got killed by a drunk driver but it would not stop me from sinking a nice cold bottle of Bud, now I hardly drink as I'd rather store money for my new born son.

Damn Kun glad to see you picked yourself up after all that tragedy.

didactic said:
Kun Aguero said:
kenster197 said:
Between 8 and 10 tennants, fosters or bud evrey night, 7 days a week for a few years now. I;ve got a decent job (which Imdoing but not to the ability I should be). A wife that puts up with it but not sure for how long.
Done the doctors route, hypnosis and councilling. Have absolutely no desire for a drink at 7am or during the day at all but no matter how often I wake up and say no more beer till the weekend or whenever, at around 6 - 7 ish Im off to the shop for a box of beer. Hate myself, ruining my life. Dad had a liver transplant so should know better but still the same everyday. No reason why im putting it on here, no reason not to I guess. Just looking for inspiration or direction I suppose.

That's how I feel/felt not so long ago, I'm not drinking as much(had 12 Fosters on Tuesday) Everyday I would wake up and say "not drinking tonight" but after work(and with staying myself) I'd be down the pub or on here pissed(I would never drink on my own till I joined this.) my dad had a drink problem for years so I grew up with it, my brother got killed by a drunk driver but it would not stop me from sinking a nice cold bottle of Bud, now I hardly drink as I'd rather store money for my new born son.

Damn Kun glad to see you picked yourself up after all that tragedy.

Thanks fella, not gave up the drink for good but know when to stop.

pominoz said:
kenster197 said:

Brilliant mate. Whether or not you choose to go to any kind of group session, or AA or whatever, I hope you know how much support and good wishes you have here.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
pominoz said:
kenster197 said:

Brilliant mate. Whether or not you choose to go to any kind of group session, or AA or whatever, I hope you know how much support and good wishes you have here.

Yeah, thanks. Absolutely know how much support there is in here and it really does help and make a difference.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
pauldominic said:
kenster197 said:

Right - so because the op started a 'religion' thread,you think he may be lying.
You really are some piece of work.
What the fuck does someone starting a thread on a football forum have to do with the illness of addiction?
You have no right whatsoever to 'tell' someone what to do - you can offer your opinion and suggest a course of action,but if the individual concerned chooses to deal with their problem another way,then that is their call.
You support them in their chosen option,and encourage them.
But not you.
You have to throw the dummy out because he didn't do as you suggested.
Pathetic.
I have worked with substance misusers for most of my working life as a social worker,probation officer and substance misuse care coordinator and project manager, and you haven't,yet still you think you know best.
Then you suggest a mental health referral,where it is clearly not appropriate.
Well,not for the op it isn't,and I trust the irony of you of all people suggesting this route is not wasted on the rest of the forum.
And then,to the surprise of no one,the imaginary friend gets a mention.
Frankly,you are the last person on this forum who should be telling others what to do,as you have no experience or background in understanding the motivation,mindset and psychology of an addict.
How on earth do you know if cognitive behavioural therapy is an appropriate treatment option for someone you have never met,when you are neither a trained mental health practitioner or expert in the field of addiction or substance misuse?
It clearly didn't work for you.
Your advice to this poster is ignorant and inaccurate ill-informed nonsense,but then that will surprise pretty much nobody.

Hahahahahaha
Welcome Back!

EDIT : Enjoy FN

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeAM_s48Bcs&feature=related[/youtube]

kenster197 said:

The NHS is under a lot of pressure as my daughter and wife know.

If you live in Scotland and you're a good photographer, do your job and then get out and take some great photographs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.