I've got a drink problem.

Its good to hear you finally made a decisive move to kick it in to touch, hopefully everything will be good and you now know about the ticker which means it will be monitored instead of suddenly one day collapsing.
Hope it all goes well for you fella

Amazing stuff Kenster. Puts my efforts to shame :D

Keep up the good work.

Antabuse is a great idea but you also need to utilise other support as well eg SMART, AA and other abstinent groups.

If, due to your heart Antabuse is a no go ask your GP about Naltrexone. Its usually used in opiate addiction but its a great alternative to Anatbuse

mancmackem said:
I wasn't happy with my gambling levels so out of the blue one day I just self excluded out of all my online accounts and took up squash. I also won an iPad a few weeks ago through work and got some silly games on that which keep me occupied, along with my MCSE I.T. course that work offered me.

I was amazed the amount of times I applied bets to real world situations the first week. I'd hear a darts result, and would say in my head "I bet he was 6/4 to do that!". It didn't scare me, but opened my eyes even more.

The iPad thing sounds stupid but the betting started to creep into the weekdays. Would land home from work, and I'd go "so let's have a look who is playing in the Swedish first division tonight". The iPad keeps me busy and away from that.

Now my train of thought is a lot better and I haven't had a bet in 3 weeks.

I know it isn't drinking but some of the same stuff applied. I think I got kicked so many times that a small £10 bet that lost made me think "Enough is enough". I wasn't even enjoying it anymore, the initial buzz from starting out turned into a numbing feeling years later.

Same mate, gambling got me and i lost all my savings, felt so much happier now I've stopped.

Anyone who recognises they have a problem (be it drinking, gambling whatever) and tries to resolve the issue has my total respect and well wishes.

Good luck to everyone fight the good fight!

Really interesting reading this thread.

This prompted me to have a think about how much I drank last week:

Monday - 1 bottle of beer
Tuesday - 3 pints
Wednesday - 3 pints
Thursday - 3 pints
Friday - 5 pints & 3 cans
Saturday - 3 pints & 2 bottles of wine
Yesterday - Small bottle of brandy, 5 pints & glass of red wine

Obviously, this is far too much and I intend not to touch a drop until the weekend. There is history on one side of the family

I really admire people who can have 1 pint and then just leave it. I would think what is the point!

Severe paranoia after a heavy session and poor memory. Sometimes have felt so bad the only solution has been boozing again thus making the paranoia worse than it was in the first place and so the circle continues.

Clearly, there are alot of people who are borderline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.